AT&T, BT Advance On The World
- AT&T-BT venture upsets global alliances. B.M.C. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the impact on the international telecommunications industry of the alliance between AT&T Corp. and British Telecommunications PLC. Companies which could experience the biggest impact of the alliance; Decision of AT&T to withdraw from existing international partnerships to concentrate...
- AT&T, BT ally on mobile front. Mullen, Georgia // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p22
Reports on AT&T Corp.'s collaboration with British Telecom PLC to create seamless mobile communications services around the world for their millions of customers.
- Person to person in the global market. Adams, Eric J. // World Trade;Nov98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p98
Reports on the formation of a jointly owned company by AT&T and British Telecommunications to service the international telecommunications needs of multinational corporations. Benefits to consumers; Value of total global telecommunications services market; Challenges facing the merger. INSET:...
- AT&T-BT erase wireless borders. Luna, Lynette // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p1
Reports on a strategic alliance between AT&T Corp. and British Telecommunications PLC that is designed to create seamless mobile communications services worldwide. Other initiatives undertaken by the two companies in the wireless sector; Agreements on voice interoperability between the Time...
- BT cable TV head joins AT&T venture. // Marketing Week;1/28/1999, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p12
Reports that executive Patrick Boner has departed from British Telecommunications PLC (BT) to become general manager in the alliance of BT and AT&T Corp. Leadership of the Great Britain team responsible for establishing the infrastructure and personnel which will run the multinational calls...
- BT plods VOD market test, AT&T plots wireless move. Williamson, John // Telephony;11/14/94, Vol. 227 Issue 20, p1
Reports on developments in the overseas telephone industry. British carrier BT's plans for a video-on-demand market trial; AT&T's push in global wireless loop markets.
- * And the winner is...IP. Mockett, Alfred T. // Telephony;08/24/98, Vol. 235 Issue 8, p46
Focuses on the global venture of telecommunications companies BT and AT&T Corp. Plan of the two carriers to combine their international networks, traffic and business products to support services such as electronic commerce and global call-centers; Provision of support to the applications...
- AT&T to partner with BT. Hammer, Diane // RCR;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p24
Presents information on the joint venture between British Telecommunications plc and AT&T Corp. Specifications of the joint venture; Comments from Michael Armstrong, chairman and chief executive officer of AT&T; Announcement made by AT&T in June, 1998.
- International relations. Schmelling, Sarah // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the three-tiered global venture formed by AT&T and British Telecommunications PLC aimed at serving multinational business customers. Terms of the agreement; Comment by Michael Armstrong, chairman and chief executive officer of AT&T; Features of the planned global Internet...