Copying King Turns To Paper Airplanes
- Xerox to supply software to Nokia, Motorola. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p2
Reports that Xerox Corp. will provide its MobileDoc software to Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc. in the United States.
- WebLink Wireless To Offer MobileDoc. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p34
Reports that WebLink Wireless Inc. will offer the MobileDoc remote and wireless document access solution of Xerox Corp.
- WLANs made easy? Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;3/15/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p28
Researchers at computer peripherals manufacturer Xerox Corp.'s Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) in Palo Alto, California, are focusing on two key areas of concern in the wireless industry, security and interoperability, with efforts to automate public- and private-key infrastructures and to...
- Xerox readies wireless access to PCs. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;02/21/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p47
Cites Xerox Mobile Solutions' plan to demonstrate MobileDoc client-server software which provides remote wireless access to documents residing on a personal computer. Target market; Availability of the software.
- Wireless print wars. // Printing World;7/1/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the competition between Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Xerox over wireless printing and network connectivity. Hewlett-Packard's development of its own solutions around the Public access LAN hot spots; Xerox's plan to resell its Efl's PrintMe applications.
- Mobile, wireless and more on tech parade. Zimmerman, Michael R.; Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;9/22/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p30
Companies ranging from industry stalwarts such as Xerox Corp. and Hewlett-Packard Co. stood alongside smaller players such as Motion Computing Inc. and JP Mobile Inc. to demonstrate innovations in mobile and wireless computing and portable projection, among a host of other technologies. Handheld...
- XEROX ENDORSES SERVICES MODEL FOR SMBs. Campbell, Scott // CRN;9/19/2005, Issue 1163, p12
The article reports that Xerox Corp. is advocating a services-led model for selling into the SMB marketplace and wants to take solution providers along for the ride. Stamford, Connecticut-based company is piloting a Solutions Advantage program to help resellers learn to sell more document...
- Xerox projects: smart docs, erasable paper. Cooney, Michael // Network World;5/5/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p10
The article outlines the development of Xerox in the U.S. The company and researchers at Palo Alto Research Center Inc. (PARC) are developing ways to access and sort through content from massive amount of documents, either printed or copied. It is also considering letting customers...
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...