A Review of Essential Web Sites
- Business. // RCR Wireless News;10/25/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p16
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunications industry as of October 2004. Findings of research on the use of mobile telephones in the U.S., Great Britain, Germany and South Korea conducted by MORI; Plan of American Tower Corp. to sell its tower construction services unit to Andrew...
- American Tower revenues to exceed expectations, earnings may fall short. // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
Highlights the projected revenue of telecommunication firm American Tower Corp. in the fourth quarter of 2000.
- American Tower started as an afterthought. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p30
Describes the growth of American Tower Corp., the leading tower company with nearly 10,000 towers in its portfolio. Corporate history; Growth of tower and services portfolio through merger and acquisition deals; Effort to establish a strong and deep presence in as many good tower markets;...
- NEWS. // Site Management & Technology;Fall/Winter2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p28
Presents updates on issues concerning the telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of November 2002. Decision of Metawave Communications to downsize its workforce; Details on a motion filed for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to dismiss a petition filed by environmental groups;...
- OmniAmerica merger approved. // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p35
Reports on the United States Department of Justice's approval of OmniAmerica Communications Inc.'s merger with American Tower Corp. Terms of the telecommunication firms' merger agreement.
- Rising Revenue, Widening Losses. // Wireless Week;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p8
Reports developments in the telecommunication industry as of August 2001. Optimism of the American Tower Corp. despite net losses; Increment on the revenue of Aether Systems Inc.; Percentage of Aether revenue increase.
- American Tower To Lease Alltel Sites. // Wireless Week;01/01/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the decision of American Tower Corp. to lease the communication towers of Alltel Corp. in Little Rock, Arkansas, for 15 years. Terms of the deal; Implications of the deal for American Tower; Details on the funding of the transaction.
- American Tower improves net income, revenue. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p38
Highlights the strong financial performance of United States-based telecommunication tower company American Tower Corp. in third-quarter 1999. Improvements in net income and revenues; Comparison with 1998 data.
- Will spending splurge mean boon or bust for tower industry? Smith, Hilary // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the effects of tower purchases made by SpectraSite Communications Inc. and American Tower Corp. in the United States. Impact of the purchase on the financial status of tower seller Vodafone AirTouch Plc; Estimated servicing capacity of the towers; Purchase value; Trends in tower...