Two Brothers And Their Island
- Radiofone bids $14.6 million in battle for wireless licenses. Hart, Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/1/96, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p7
Cites Radiofone Inc. as the winning bidder in the federal auction to serve the New Orleans, Louisiana territory with a particular breed of wireless communications licenses. Auction participants and proceedings; Service capabilities of Radiofone Inc.
- Radiofone, BellSouth will use PCS to plug holes in service. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/3/97, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p12
Reports on the efforts of cellular phone carriers BellSouth Mobility and Radiofone Incorporated to offer personal communications services (PCS). Examples of (PCS); Views of spokesmen from both companies; Information on the process of awarding licenses for (PCS).
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Radiofone's battle with FCC heats up. Hart, Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/20/95, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p6
Reports on Radiofone's legal battles with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Background on the Radiofone's challenge against an FCC rule concerning licenses for personal communications services (PCS); FCC rule's impact on the company's business operations; Provisions of the rule.
- Leap Takes Over For Radiofone. // Wireless Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the agreement by Cricket Communications to buy F-Block spectrum license of Radiofone Inc. in Denver, Colorado and its E-Block license in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Value of the transaction; Expectations on the deal.
- SBC's radiofone buy adds 200,000 users. // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Announces SBC Communications Inc.'s acquisition of Radiofone Inc. which serves more 200,000 wireless customers in Louisiana and Michigan.
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...