Hey Kids, The First One's Prepaid
- The wireless messaging revolution: Changing the way we do business. Brumfield, Nancy // American Salesman;Nov94, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p12
Presents the increasing role of wireless communication systems in sales transactions. Growth in the wireless industry; Examples of wireless communication equipments; Description of equipment features and functions; Technological improvements.
- Paging's midlife crisis. Jensen, Ellen // Wireless Review;08/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p96
Focuses on the paging industry. Challenges being faced by the industry; List of paging companies that are operating profitably; How paging affects customers of communication systems.
- 2-Way Paging Faces Crowded Market. Diegel, Steven // Wireless Review;10/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p8
Provides information on the 2-way paging industry in the United States. Potential recurrence of the problems in the 1-way paging market; Factors which should help prevent a lapse back to price wars in the industry; Analysts' predictions on the industry.
- 20 Years of TOP 20. // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001 Supplement, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p45
Lists some of the top wireless and paging carriers from 1986 to 2001. List of the top 20 wireless carriers from 1987 to 2001; List of the top 20 paging carriers from 1986 to 2001.
- Paging and messaging technologies: Versatile wireless workhorses. Goldberg, Lee // Electronic Design;07/20/98, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p61
Focuses on applications of paging and messaging technologies in wireless communication systems. Preparations of the industry to roll-out multimedia, multi-megabit wireless technologies; Growth of interest in embedding paging and messaging capabilities within other products; Cost-effectiveness.
- Focus on design for embedded paging. // Electronic Design;07/20/98, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p64
Focuses on the system architecture for embedded paging. Use of analog decoders; Evolution of technology used in embedded paging.
- WAP: Where are the pagers? Bruno, Antony // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p17
Discusses the benefits of the wireless application protocol technology to paging devices and networks.
- Wireless E-mail Offers Paging New Life. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p23
Reports on the development of two-way paging devices with keyboards in the United States. Growth of the two-way paging industry; Forecast of an increase in the sales of two-way paging devices; One-way paging users conversion into two-way paging services.
- Thai paging market contracts. Sharma, Dinesh C. // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the continuing decline of the paging sector of the Indian wireless communication industry as of January 2001. Reason for the decline; Total number of subscribers in 2000; Effort of operators to revive the declining subscriber numbers; Difference of paging operators from call centers.