Cellular Survival In The Countryside
- Combining voice and data in the wireless future. Sukow, Randy // Rural Telecommunications;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p44
Describes the progress of integrated wireless voice/data technologies in rural telecommunications in the US. Smart telephones; Digital innovations.
- Snooping around the wireless neighborhood. Johnson, Ken // Rural Telecommunications;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on wireless telecommunications in rural areas in the United States. Introduction of cellular radio; Growth of mobile telephony; Participation of rural telecommunications providers in personal communications service (PCS) auctions; Focus of rural telecommunications providers on partitioning.
- The Road to 3G for Rural Telcos. Prendergast, John; Weingardt, Brent H.; Murphy, Rebecca L. // Rural Telecommunications;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
Provides information on the impact of third generation (3G) wireless services on rural telecommunication in the United States. Definition of 3G mobile; Capability and speed of the spectrum; Need to develop a single technical standard for the spectrum; How a rural telecommunication company can...
- Rural Carriers Moving Slowly on WNP. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;8/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p6
Deals with the slow implementation of wireless number portability (WNP) among small and rural wireless communication carriers in the United States. Reasons behind the slow WNP implementation among rural carriers according to Jan Opie, product development manager for Golden State Cellular;...
- Rural carriers quietly add subs. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p40
Reports on the wireless communications services offered by rural telecommunication companies in the United States.
- Filling the gaps, rural carriers maintain value. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;04/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p16
Focuses on rural telecommunication carriers (telcos) in the United States. Federal Communications Commission's award of D- through F-block licenses to wireless service; Proliferation of affiliation agreements between small and large carriers; Strategy of rural telcos including Centennial...
- New connections. Ubis-Manos, Sue // Global Telephony;Mar2000, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on wireless communications choices for rural telephony. Meaning of rural telephone in various countries; Advantages of using wireless local loop (WLL) deployments; Integration of very small aperture terminal satellite technology with WLL; Downsides of deploying traditional copper lines;...
- Rural wireless carriers face revenue squeeze. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;8/20/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p9
Focuses on the condition of rural wireless communication operators in the United States. Problems facing rural wireless operators; Financial performance of CenturyTel in the second quarter of 2001; Outlook of Todd Rethemeier, senior analyst at Bear Stearns on the competition trend in the rural...
- Carriers Zero In On Universal Service. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p21
No abstract available.