- Integrated computing devices expected to leapfrog in popularity. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;11/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the popularity of wireless integrated personal digital assistants (PDA). Capabilities of integrated PDA; Forecasts on PDA shipments; Features of a wireless device released by Palm Inc.
- Palm Heats Up Wireless. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p5
Focuses on the announcements about wireless empowerment for Palm handheld devices by Palm Inc. Information on the version 4.0 of Palm's operating system; Overview of the company's deals with cellular manufacturers.
- PDA Price Slashing Continues. // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the reduction in prices of personal digital assistants. Reduction in the cost of Handspring's VisorPhone attachment; Reduction in the price of Palm's Palm VIIx.
- Palm: Handoff trouble. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the plan of Palm to provide wireless access for every Palm model. Need for Palm VII users to go to the Palm.Net service through BellSouth Corp.'s Wireless Network which runs on a Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD) network; Wireless service for Palm V through OmniSky Corp.'s namesake...
- Palm preparing to boost its corporate image with better wireless, admin tools. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;12/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p66
Reports on the partnerships signed by Palm Inc. that enables the company to offer handheld computer models with wireless services in 2001. Partnership with Symbol Technologies; Deal with AvantGo; Information on the partnership with CompuCom Systems.
- PALM/IBM DEBUT WIRELESS SOLUTIONS FOR WEA ON PALM HANDHELDS. // Telephone IP News;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, pN.PAG
Reports on the plan of Palm, Inc. and IBM to develop a joint capability that will let customers securely access enterprise applications and data using select models of wireless-enabled Palm branded handheld computers. Components of Palm's technology; Features of IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access...
- Get in Sync. Carlson, Jeff; Fleishman, Glenn // Macworld;Jan2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p64
The article offers the author's views on some of the recently launched smart cellular phones. Sales of smart phones have increased by 75 percent. Palm-based PDAs are becoming very popular among the young generation. Palm Inc. has recently launched the Palm OS Treo smart phone, which can run many...
- Palm vs iPod. Coates, James // Investigate;May2006, Vol. 6 Issue 64, p64
This article compares two models of personal digital assistant devices, Palm Z22 and Palm T/X.
- tech novations. Rabinovitch, Issie // CA Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p11
Evaluates handy information technology products for personal and business use. Features of the Palm Ultra-Thin Keyboard; Cost of Nikon Coolpix 3500 digital camera; Design of the Audiovox Thera wireless personal digital assistant.