20 YEARS AGO
- Recovery Begins at Last. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;12/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 42, p32
Recalls events in the chemical industry in the U.S. from January to December 2004. Acquisition of Messer by Air Liquide; Plant shutdown of Hurricane Ivan across the southeastern U.S.; Damage caused by explosion of polyvinyl chloride plant of Formosa in Illinois.
- Hoechst restructuring continues, Celanese & Ticona to recombine. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;05/11/98, Vol. 253 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on Europe-based Hoechst AG's plan to merge its organic basic chemicals business and its technical polymers operation into a combined, single company. Joint initial public offering of the two businesses; Flexibility to react positively to changes in the market; Decline in sales in the...
- BASF acquires ibuprofen unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/15/97, Vol. 252 Issue 24, p3
Reports on BASF Corp.'s agreement to buy Hoechst Corp.'s interest in their ibuprofen joint venture BHC.
- Hoechst merges additive business with Clariant. // Plastics Technology;Jul97, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p63
Reports that Hoechst AG of Germany and Clariant AG of Switzerland has merged their specialty chemicals business on July 1, 1997. Hoechst Celanese Corp.'s Additives Business Unit as part of Clariant Corp.; Products made by Hoechst; Hoechst marketing agreement with Germany's Leuna Polymer GmbH.
- Hoechst to expand eight plants. Cornitius, Tim // Chemical Week;11/29/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 21, p17
Reports on Hoechst AG's chemical plant expansions. Projected tight supply of vinyl acetate monomer; Expansion projects by other chemical companies.
- Newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;1/7/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p7
Presents news dealing with the chemical industry during January 1998. Plans of Harsco to acquire Chemi-Trol Chemical; Reduction of nitrogen fertilizer production at Norsk Hydro plants; Sale of Kemira's pearlescent pigment business to Eckart-Werke.
- News Capsule. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/06/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 10, p6
Presents news briefs about the chemical industry as of March 6, 2000. Acquisition of the Morton Industrial Coatings company by BASF Corp.; Construction of a chemical plant in Denver, Colorado by Cargill company; Capacity expansion of Fujisawa Healthcare Inc.
- Mobil, Hoechst AG combine OPP businesses. // Candy Industry;Apr98, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p11
Reports the merger agreement of Mobil Chemical Company and Hoechst AG on their oriented polypropylene (OPP) flexible films businesses. Terms of the agreement; Comments from public affairs manager Mike Kimmitt of Mobil Chemical; Completion of the joint venture.
- Hoechst and Clariant to combine specialty chemicals. // Colourage;May97, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p57
Frankfurt, Germany-based Hoechst AG and Mattenz, Switzerland-based Clariant AG have announced that they intend to combine their respective specialty chemical businesses. Hoechst will transfer its specialty chemical business, including textile and leather chemicals, to Clariant and in return...