Demand from industry results in increased coverage of China
- PTA/MEG prices fall as Chinese shun buy. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 396, p23
Reports on the decline of spot prices of purified terephthalic acid and monoethylene glycol in China. Reason for the decline of the prices of chemicals; Attitude of buyers in Asia.
- PTA/MEG hikes push producers to up operating rates. // Asian Chemical News;6/16/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 405, p28
Reports on the decision of Asian purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and monoethylene glycol (MEG) producers to increase its operating rates in both products. Price increase of spot PTA; Percentage increase of the PTA operating rate of Samsung Petrochemical; Information on the MEG production of...
- Ethylene Glycol Poised for Highest Pricing in 15 Years. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;1/26/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the increase of the price of ethylene glycol in the U.S. Stability of the demand for ethylene glycol; Contract price per ton; Demand for EG; Leading cause of the run-up in pricing.
- Buyer resistance spurs slowdown. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;7/18/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 499, p22
Presents an update on chemical prices in China as of July 2005. Increase in the prices of acrylic fibre; Factor that contributed to the decline in the prices of terephthalic acid in the spot market; Reasons behind the decline in demand for monoethylene glycol.
- Bid for capro Q4 hikes. // Asian Chemical News;10/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 419, p38
Presents information on prices of chemicals in Asia as of October 2003. Increases proposed by producers of caprolactam; September contracts of major producers of acrylonitrile; Prices of monoethylene glycol; Spot and contract offers for purified terephthalic acid.
- ICIS improves contact with its Chinese customer base. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/18/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 24, p43
he article reports that the weekly purified terephthalic acid and monoethylene glycol price assessments of ICIS are already widely used in the global market as a benchmark for settling transaction prices. With the price volatility in the market, the Fibre Intermediates China report will provide...
- TIGHT SUPPLY BUMPS UP FIBRES PRICES ACROSS ASIA. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;6/26/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p50
The article presents updates on chemical prices in Asia as of June 2006. Acrylonitrile spot prices in Asia rose steadily in the April to June quarter amid tight supply and a reluctance by sellers to lower prices. Spot prices of monoethylene glycol fell to $790/tonne CFR China in early March from...
- US EG hike expected in 2014. Mirasol, Feliza // ICIS Chemical Business;1/13/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the price increases to be implemented by four ethylene glycol (EG) producers in 2014, including Indorama, LyondellBasell and Shell. The influence to be played by extreme weather conditions in winter 2013-14 on monoethylene glycol (MEG) buying is discussed. Demand for...
- Firm costs boost PTA/MEG. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 428, p23
Deals with an increase in spot prices of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and monoethylene glycol in December 2003. Expectations of Chinese buyers on PTA tariff; Cost of paraxylene and ethylene; Outlook for the commissioning of polyester capacities in China.