Shipping routes unusually calm
- Global Overview. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q2 2011, Issue 2, p9
The article reports on trends in the petrochemicals market. There is an expected improvement in the international petrochemicals shipments as well as in global ethylene capacity, with different rates of growth per country. Global oil products prices are also expected to rise, resulting to...
- US values underpin high global prices. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/19/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2163, p49
This article offers a look at the global prices of petroleum products as of September 2005 in relation to the U.S. petrochemicals industry. Propylene spot numbers have firmed for polymer grade product. Numbers are being supported by high deepsea prices, as players note that bidding for...
- Rates stay steady or fall slightly. // Asian Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 399, p31
Reports on the shipment of petrochemical in Asia as of April 2003. Demand for petrochemical in China; Shipment of butadiene from India; Impact of severe acute respiratory syndrome on the petrochemical industry.
- Calls resurface for monthly contract pricing. KERR, SHELLEY // ICIS Chemical Business;4/4/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p16
The article reports that a major European cracker producer said that the reasons to resurrect proposals to shift to monthly methanol contract pricing to manage volatility are uncertainties following the Japanese natural disaster and conflict in the Middle East.
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/5/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 4, p6
Presents news concerning the petrochemicals industry as of August 5, 2002. Contract prices of BTX per gallon; Prices of cumene per pound; Spot pricing for methanol products.
- A warm welcome. YM Tengku Mahamad Tengku Mahamut // Asian Chemical News;May2004 Supplement, p4
The article comments on the state of the Asian petrochemical industry and the future opportunities for the industry, as of May 2004. The future looks much brighter now. The Asian economies are largely performing well. The Asian petrochemical industry is also in a much better shape today....
- Government to Liberate Petchem Markets. Mollet, Andrew // Chemical Week;1/5/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p21
Reports the plan of the Chinese government to liberalize domestic petrochemical markets in the country. Details on the initiative of the government; Purpose of the market liberalization.
- Petrochemical sector grows at 6.5 per cent. // Chemical Business;Sep2009, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p73
The article reports on the 6.5% growth rate recorded by the petrochemical industry in 2009. Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals Secretary Bijoy Chatterjee of India cites that while the production of petrochemicals all over the world is nearly 40% of the total production of chemicals, the...
- HPL to export 60% to SEA and China. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/24/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 390, p23
Deals with the intention of Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd. (HPL) to export a major percentage of its total output to Southeast Asian and Chinese customers. Industrial capacity of HPL; Freight rates; Expectations of HPL on exporting the product.