- Glacial acrylic acid. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p45
The article presents a profile of glacial acrylic acid (AA). Glacial AA can be polymerized or modified to complex molecular arrangements. Cross-linked polymers are used in nappies, 44.8%, adult incontinence, 5.2%, feminine hygiene, 2.2%, and in horticulture, landscaping, soil conditioning,...
- Acrylic Acid. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/4/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 5, p40
The article presents information on various developments related to acrylic acid. U.S. consumption of acrylic acid (AA) grew by 3.4%/year in the period 2002-2007, buoyed by peak growth years in 2002 and 2003, coming out of the 2001 recession. The market contributors to demand growth during this...
- Ex-factory Prices of Chemicals in Shanghai Zhongshan Chemical Market on April 27, 2012. // China Chemical Reporter;5/6/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p32
A chart is presented that lists the ex-factory prices of chemicals in Shanghai Zhongshan Chemical Market for April 27, 2012 including acetone, acrylic acid and boric acid in China.
- PETROCHEMICALS: MARKET BRIEFS. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/12/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 24, p12
Presents updates on the prices of some petrochemical products in the United States as of June 2000. Plans of Celanese company to raise its global selling prices for acrylic acid and acrylic esters; Global off-list price of 2-ethylhexanoic acid from Eastman Chemical Co.
- Preparation of polyethylene-g-(polyacrylic acid) and its sodium salt ionomer by in-situ chlorinating graft copolymerization. Zhi-Qiang Zhao; Shuang-Shuang Wang; Na Wang; Ji-Ruo Zhao; Ying Feng // e-Polymers;Sep2011, p1
Acrylic acid (AA) was grafted firstly onto high density polyethylene (HDPE) by in-situ chlorinating graft copolymerization (ISCGC), so a graft copolymer composed of chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) as backbone and poly (acrylic acid) (PAA) as branched chains was synthesized. And subsequently the...
- US March acrylates contracts flat. Terry, Larry // ICIS Chemical Business;4/7/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 14, p19
The article reports that chemical industry sources confirmed on March 26, 2014 that U.S. acrylic acid and acrylate esters March 2014 contract prices settled flat despite weaker February 2014 feedstock. It mentions that several buyers expected some price relief due to the softening of propylene...
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/03/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 21, p8
Presents an update on the petrochemical industry in the United States as of December 3, 2001. Projected growth in the demand for acrylic acid in 2005; Price in the trading market of benzene, toluene and xylenes; Factors influencing the price decline of ethylene glycol.
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/9/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 21, p32
Reports developments in petrochemical industry as of December 9, 2002. Increase in the selling price for glacial acrylic acid and acrylate; Rise in the list and off-list prices for industrial grade of Dow Chemical Company's ethocel ethylcellulose products; Growth in the price of industrial,...
- Monthly Average Market Prices in North China in August 2005. // China Chemical Reporter;9/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p34
A list of monthly average market prices (RMB/t) of chemical products in North China in August 2005 is presented. It includes acrylic acid, caprolactam, and calcium chloride (anhydrous). The products have been given along with their specification which includes acrylic acid and calcium chloride...