- Other News To Note. // BioWorld Today;10/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 193, p2
This section offers news briefs concerning the biotechnology industry. The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in the U.S. has awarded Altravax Inc. with two Small Business Innovation Research grants. Banyan Biomarkers has been awarded a contract by the U.S. Department of...
- Biotechnology Likely to Be primary Driver of Innovation in the Chemical Industry. Jarvis, Lisa // Chemical Market Reporter;2/10/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 6, p7
Focuses on the importance of biotechnology as catalyst for innovation in the chemical industry. Offer of strategy for value creation; Percentage of fine chemical sales represented in biotechnology; Opportunities in providing products to the manufacturing group.
- Innovative Growth. Mullin, Rick // Chemical Week;3/13/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 11, p17
Reports the technological innovation in chemical industry. Combination of textiles and electronics; Advantage of low cost production and high volume sales; Functions of biotechnology. INSET: Eastman Goes Outside the Box.
- Seconds out ...final round. Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;8/2/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 3, p28
The article presents information on the ICIS Innovation Awards that will be announced on October 11, 2010. The awards are once again sponsored by global silicon technology company Dow Corning Corp. The Best Product Innovation category and the Best Environmental Benefit category, are the two...
- BASF offers 'green' blueprint. Raleigh, Patrick // Process Engineering;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p18
The article presents the new carbon balance calculations by BASF Corp. in Great Britain. It states that it could provide a blueprint for plant owners and operators in the chemical and related industries. The chemical giant company claims that it is the first in the world to present a...
- innovation. // Chemical Week;4/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p22
Presents updates on technological innovations in the European chemical industry, as of April 3, 2002. Information on an enzyme that catalyses a fluorination reaction identified by researchers from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland; Details of the renovation of a house by the company...
- Other News To Note. // BioWorld Today;3/23/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 56, p2
This section offers news briefs concerning the biotechnology sector. Isogenica Ltd. entered into a services agreement with Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development (J&JPRD). A total of 38 positions were removed by Labopharm Inc. Some patents and patent applications were sold by...
- Matching the Market. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;10/2/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 39, p5
Deals with the views of several executives on the market performance of the chemical industry as of October 2002. Need for consolidation and acquisitions; Commitment to research and development in the industry; Impact of technological innovation on the industry.
- BASF knows the ABCs of value creation. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;04/13/98, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p17
Focuses on BASF Corp.'s transformation into a non-cyclical chemical manufacturer with a greater focus on energy, health and nutrition and pharmaceuticals.