University spins off business
- When Powders Meet Hardwoods. Landgraf, Greg // Wood & Wood Products;Jun2002, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p50
Evaluates the powder clear coatings developed by Morton International for solid hardwoods and veneers in 2002. Approximate time to market the product; Application of clearcoats on solid woods; Varieties of the clear coatings.
- Low-friction super-hard coating can solve wear problems. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Oct2001, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p10
Discusses the benefits of Hardide coating technology for mobile equipment that must perform in an environment of abrasive sand and dust. Use of a low-temperature deposition process to produce a uniform super-hard tungsten-carbide coating on the surface; Characteristics of the coatings that...
- Smart Surfaces Market to Reach $13.5 Billion. // Paint & Coatings Industry;May2015, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p10
The article focuses on the report "Smart Surfaces Markets 2015-2022" by industry analyst firm NanoMarkets which found that the smart surfaces market will improve to around 13.5 billion dollars by 2020.
- Planet Wrap. // Ausmarine;Sep2013, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p26
The article discusses the vinyl coating technology used by Planet wrap including base-coat, shield-coat, and design-coat.
- LIQUID COATINGS. ROHNER, DAVE // Products Finishing;Nov2016, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p36
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the difference of downdraft versus cross-draft booths.
- DETA coating for better DNA retention. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Feb2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the development of an organic molecular coating by researchers at Penn State University. Design of the coating to attach DNA to glass surfaces; Impact of the attachment on the DNA microarray density; Coating data licensing by Schott Glass Technologies; Revelation of higher DNA...
- You Say You Want An Evolution... Mason, John // Paperboard Packaging;Apr2001, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p10
Discusses the evolution of waterbased coatings. Limiting factor in waterbased coatings; Properties printers look to improve waterbased coatings; Characteristic that printers are demanding.
- Giant steps â€¦. Schulte, Sonja // European Coatings Journal;Mar2012, Issue 3, p3
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the breakthrough in coatings technology and research.
- Coatings Trends & Technologies is the only technical conference that covers it all! // Paint & Coatings Industry;Aug2013, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p28
The article offers information on the Coatings Trends and Technologies Conference to be held at the Westin Lombard in Lombard, Illionis from September 26 to 27, 2013.