China wants to combat pollution
- Foreign investors take on China. Jin, Aileen // Control Engineering;Apr2007, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p18
The article focuses on the investment of foreign companies in China. Ma Xiu Hong, vice minister of the Ministry of Commerce, stated that over 570,000 firms from 200 countries have invested in the country. Forms of foreign direct investment in the country include foreign equity joint ventures,...
- Splish Splash. N. S. // Red Herring;12/1/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 30, p40
The article focuses on the water-related technologies being developed by companies in Israel. Israel already recycles 60 percent of its sewage water and operates two of the world's largest desalination plants. By 2013, the government is projecting that more than 20 percent of the country's water...
- Air Quality Rules Spur Growth. Bryner, Michelle // Chemical Week;1/25/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 3, p30
This article reports that the environmental services industry is adapting to a rapidly changing marketplace as of January 2006. With several coal-based plants currently under construction and 100 more on the drawing boards, engineering firms are lining up to do permitting and design consulting....
- Blockbuster Alert: Siemens and GE Make Rival Bids to Acquire Alstom Energy Units. // Electrical Marketing;5/9/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the offer of both General Electric (GE) and Siemens to acquire the Thermal, Renewables and Grid businesses of Alstom, a French power company.
- The battle against cryptosporidium. // Water & Environment International;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 68, p28
Reports that Siemens IPS has commissioned filter monitoring systems and extended the automation of the filter backwash system at cryptosporidium filter refurbishment projects for North West Water and Severn Trent in England. Installation of programmable logic control systems; Cost of the projects.
- In Brief. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/9/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p18
Presents an update on foreign investments in Syria. Value of the contract won by Germany's Siemens from Syrian Telecommunications Establishment; Agreement of France's El Aquitaine for operations in Suwaidiyeh oil field.
- Yukos? Oh, Never Mind. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);5/2/2005 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 145 Issue 18, p5
Present a bar graph depicting the increase of foreign investment in Russia over the past seven years, despite the fact that President Vladmir Putin's government jailed Russian oil-tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky. List of businesses investing in Russia, including General Electric Co., Siemens AG and...
- Yukos? Oh, Never Mind. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);5/2/2005 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 145 Issue 18, p5
Present a bar graph depicting the increase of foreign investment in Russia over the past seven years, despite the fact that President Vladimir Putin's government jailed Russian oil-tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky. List of businesses investing in Russia, including General Electric Co., Siemens AG and...
- GEto invest â‚¬340 m in Euro wind. // Modern Power Systems;Apr2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the plans of General Electric Co. to invest 340 million euros in the offshore wind industry of Northern Europe by 2020.