- Chemical Industry Poised to Meet Target On Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;2/17/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the efforts of the American Chemistry Council to assist the reduction of the energy consumption of various chemical producers in North America. Aims of the U.S. President George W. Bush; Sources of basic raw materials; Improvement of global climate.
- EU firms call for third-party verification. Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/25/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 11, p10
The article focuses on the importance of third party verification of participants of Responsible Care Program and states that though some countries have already implemented it some still need to do so. Cefic Director General Alain Perroy comments that the new Responsible Care strategic...
- Responsible Care. Westervelt, Rob // Chemical Week;7/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 18, p3
An introduction is presented to an article within the issue about proposed changes to the Responsible Care management program of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) which include provisions about product safety codes, energy efficiency, and chemical process safety codes.
- ACC: Year Ahead Presents Financial, Political Challenges. SISSELL, KARA // Chemical Week;12/1/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 37, p6
The article addresses the possible financial and political challenges faced by chemical producers in the U.S. and overseas. The American Chemistry Council (ACC) will carefully monitor proposals for economic recovery and expected changes to environmental regulations. According to ACC President...
- Economic Slowdown Undermines Chemical Trade. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/3/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 9, p4
Reveals the major conclusions of the American Chemistry Council's survey of the chemical industry during the second quarter of 2001. Factors that have led to the surge in imports; Rise in exports of basic industrial chemicals during the first half of 2001; Trade balance in bulk petrochemicals...
- ACC Outlook Finds Industry Operations Returning to Normal. Valk, Vincent // Chemical Week;6/21/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 15, p13
The article focuses on a report from the American Chemistry Council (ACC) which predicted an improvement in the U.S. chemical industry in 2010 due to recovery of the country's economy.
- Chem Industry Adopts Performance Measures. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/4/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the American Chemistry Council's performance measures that will be used for tracking chemical company and industry progress in improving environmental stewardship, worker health, safety and security. Goals of the performance measures; Requirement for companies to report toxic release...
- Economic Outlook Remains Uncertain Despite a Strong First Half. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/9/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 8, p4
Highlights the warning of the American Chemistry Council about the uncertainty of the chemical market in the second half of 2002 despite solid gains in the first half of the year. Volume gains for basic chemicals; Weak pricing; U.S. economic growth.
- Responsible Care's Window of Opportunity. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;7/5/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 26, p9
Comments on the Responsible Care environmental, health, and safety program established by the American Chemistry Council for the chemical industry. Information on the program; Significance of the program to the industry.