Storage demand gives Vopak profits boost
- Vopak Expands Capacity, Boosted by Emerging Markets. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/8/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 16, p32
The article reports on the impact of the global economic downturn on Vopak and the European chemical tank storage industry as a whole. But while throughput at tank terminals has declined as a result of falling demand, business in emerging markets continue to grow and additional opportunities are...
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;6/15/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 20, p14
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of June 15, 2005. Purchase of paints and varnishes producer Dufa Romania by private equity capital company Advent International; Appointment of John Paul Broeders as chairman of Vopak.
- People on the move. Webb, Joanne // European Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2081, p24
Presents updates on executives in the chemical industry in Europe as of January 11, 2004. Appointment of John Paul Broeders at Vopak; Selection of David Loughman at Shell Chemicals; Resignation of Robert Wood at Dow Chemical.
- Tank Storage Firms Bulk Up. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;5/30/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 19, p31
The article reports on the strong demand for chemicals in Asia and the Middle East. Europe and North America are importing much of that production, which has increased the need for bulk storage firms to take delivery of these products. In Asia, Vopak recently announced plans to increase its...
- Odfjell feels the heat. // European Chemical News;2/16/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2087, p15
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Norway as of February 22, 2004. Increase in consolidated net profit of Norwegian chemical shipping firm Odfjell; Decline in operating profit of Vopak in 2003.
- Storage demands lift Vopak's profits. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 58, p44
The article reports on an increase in the operating profit of Netherlands-based chemical storage operator Vopak in 2006. High demand for storage boosted the company's operating profit by 27 percent in 2006. The storage operator said that it expects operating profits to be at least 10 percent...
- Vopak to Build China Oil Storage Tanks. // China Chemical Reporter;7/26/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p14
The article reports on the business plans of State Development & Investment Communication Corp. and Royal Vopak NV, a Dutch oil and chemical logistics firm. The companies plans to build a 7 billion renminbi commercial oil storage facility in Hainan Sheng, China. This project will include oil...
- Vopak profits slide. // European Chemical News;3/31/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2046, p18
Reports on the decline of Vopak's full year pre-tax profits for the year 2002. Reason for the decline; Information on the operating profits of the company; Statement from the company's chairman.
- Pipe rupture was to blame. Whitfield, Mark // European Chemical News;7/07/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2060, p16
Claims that the collapse of a storage tank at Vopak's Botlek terminal in the Netherlands was due to a ruptured steam pipe in the tank on January 16, 2003. Cause of the pipe rupture; Events that led to the incident; Action taken by Vopak.