PC PRODUCERS TO GET THEIR CHRISTMAS WISH
- Polycarbonate Demand Robust in Major Markets. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;10/25/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 14, p12
The article discusses the increasing demand of polycarbonate. Although high energy and raw material costs have crimped margins and forced producers to raise prices, the polycarbonate (PC) industry is enjoying robust domestic and global growth. Hike in the price of steel, a competing product of...
- Plastics. // Resource Recycling;Oct2007, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p44
The article offers information on the condition of the plastic industry in the United States. It is noted that the value of prime resins has increased because of the increase in the cost of monomers, brought about by the record-high oil prices. In effect, this given situation has permitted the...
- Geographies of consumption: citizenship, space and practice. Mansvelt, Juliana // Progress in Human Geography;Feb2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p105
The article presents author's reflections regarding the geographies of consumption, focusing on the Christmas shopping in New Zealand. In his discourses surrounding Christmas shopping, the he focuses on three themes that draw attention to shaping of consumption in place. The first emphasizes...
- Colombian industrial demand rises. // Market: Latin America;Dec2003, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the increase of industrial demand for goods and services in Colombia in 2003. Stabilization of the consumer market for the previous 18 months ended December 2003; Interest of households and business leaders to invest in land and new structures; Demand for construction equipment,...
- UAE residents lead Arab spenders. // Market: Africa/Mid-East;Apr/May2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p8
Examines the spending capability of citizens in the United Arab Emirates. Comparison of consumption rate in 2003 and 2004; Household demand for goods; Transition of standards in the retail sector.
- Consumer demand is alive and well in South Africa. // Market: Africa/Mid-East;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
Reports on consumer demand in South Africa in 2005. Growth in domestic demand in the second quarter; Factors which contributed to the growth; Stability of retail sales.
- UNEMPLOYMENT AND CONSUMPTION: THE MERCANTILIST VIEW. Johnson, E. A. J. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug32, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p698
This article discusses relation between unemployment and consumption. It is not correct to presume that the Mercantilist infatuation with the desirability of a large population was a desire for mere numbers. People were indeed regarded as factors of production, but only potential sources of...
- Testing Restriction in a Flexible Dynamic Demand System: An Application to Consumers' Expenditure in Canada. Anderson, Gordon; Blundell, Richard // Review of Economic Studies;Jul83, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p397
Traditionally, restrictions on systems of demand equations have been tested using static models, whilst being estimated with time series data. This paper develops a vector time series model of expenditure shares in the context of a singular dynamic demand system. The model allows for...
- Thermoformed packaging consumption in North America. // Plastics News;4/4/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p3
This article presents statistical information on the thermoformed packaging consumption in North America for the last three years.