OMV puts money into refinery
- Honeywell enhances refining and petrochemical planning solution. // Power Watch India;May2014, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that multinational conglomerate Honeywell has begun a significant enhancement to its refinery and petrochemical modeling system that will improve model building and maintenance, case management, and optimization to help plants maximize profitability.
- Europe faces derivatives, cracker capacity cuts. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;10/13/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the potential capacity cuts and derivatives capacity rationalization in Europe in 2014. Topics covered include the impact of low cost imports from the Middle East and the U.S., petroleum refinery crackers in Europe, and the low cost chemicals production in the areas. Also...
- China puts 40 petrochemical projects on fast track. // Chemical Business;Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p70
The article reports on the announcement of the Chinese government that it would speed up the construction of 40 petrochemical plants between 2009 and 2011. Half of the projects are under construction while the other half are in planning stage. Some of the plants will be used for manufacturing of...
- Petrochemical investment in Germany. // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2008, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p222
The article reports on the â‚¬830 million investment of Borealis AG and OMV AG for the expansion of their petrochemical production capacity in Burghausen, Germany. It notes that the share of OMV will got to the building of a new crackers building among others. Through the expansion, Borealis...
- OMV aims to sell its refinery, Bayernoil, report. // Energy Today (Hungary);11/25/2013, p3
The article focuses on OMV oil and gas company's intention to sell its Bayernoil refinery due to alleged strict environmental compliance rules as of 2013.
- BASF and Sinopec Reach Agreement On Expansion of Nanjing Cracker JV. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/19/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 24, p12
This article reports on the agreement reached between BASF and Sinopec to expand their ethylene and derivatives joint venture in Nanjing, China. The companies will invest $500 million by 2009 to increase capacity for several basic petrochemicals and build plants producing new, downstream...
- Laboratory Analysis in Petrochemical Plants and Refineries. // International Labmate;Jul2014, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p36
The article offers information on the PEFTEC 2015 Conference and Exhibition for Companies to be held on November 18-19, 2015 in Antwerp, Belgium.
- Petronas delays RAPID complex. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul2013, Issue 865, p12
The article reports that oil and gas firm Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) has decided to delay the commissioning of its Refinery and Petrochemicals Integrated Development (RAPID) complex located in Johor, Malaysia in July 2013.
- Reliance Industries readies next phase of Jamnagar supersite. // Chemical Week;3/2/2015, p44
The article reports that oil company Reliance Industries is undertaking an expansion phase at its refinery and petrochemical complex at Jamnagar in Gujarat State, India called the Jamnagar 3 (J3) project. It says that many construction machines are deployed at the site such as the 1,500 cranes...