CHEMICAL WORKFORCE GROWS BY 2%
- Chemical Shippers See Yellow, Then Red. // Traffic World;3/31/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 13, p27
The article offers economic outlook for chemical manufacturers in the U.S. based on the data gathered by the American Chemistry Council (ACC). ACC has long posted a cautionary yellow code which reflects a danger signal for railroads. It has rated the business of chemicals in a yellow zone based...
- Think small. Brooks, Robert // Foundry Management & Technology;May2012, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p2
The article offers the author's insights on various factors of economic trends and recovery affecting the manufacturing industry in the U.S. The author mentions the economic surveys from Institute for Supply Management (ISM), indicating an increase both in manufacturing and non-manufacturing...
- US Chemical Manufacturing Employment Declines. Van Arnum, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;2/2/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 5, p15
Reports on the decline of chemical manufacturing employment between the fourth quarter 2000 and third in the U.S. Percentage of loss on the U.S. manufacturing sector; List of sectors reporting manufacturing job losses; Rank of the U.S. chemical industry among sectors experiencing job losses.
- Personal Income by State. Tran, Duke // Survey of Current Business;Aug2001, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p173
No abstract available.
- ADP Estimates Job Growth of 213,000 for September. // Bondbuyer.com;10/1/2014, p1
Private-sector employment rose 213,000 in September on a seasonally adjusted basis, according to the ADP national employment report.
- A mixed bag of economic news. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/14/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p11
The article focuses on the unemployment rate in the U.S. in 2009. In August 2009, there was an increase of 9.7 percent in the number of unemployed. Employment in the goods producing sector suffered a decline of 136,000 jobs. Other sectors of the economy with job losses include construction,...
- Shale sparks US chemicals boom. // Process Engineering (Online Edition);2/26/2014, p3
The article reports that according to the American Chemistry Council (ACC) chemicals industry investments in shale gas extraction projects are valued at 100.2 billion dollars. It states that the investments are related to supply of natural liquid gas and natural gas. According to ACC estimates...
- The worst is over. Lerner, Ivan // ICIS Chemical Business;3/8/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 9, p24
The article discusses the effect of the global economic crisis on employment in the chemical industry. Chief economist at American Chemistry Council (ACC), Kevin Shift says that in the U.S. chemical industry employment showed a decline of 5.9 percent in January 2010, as compared to that in...
- ACC outlook bodes well. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/5/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 22, p16
The article states that the American Chemistry Council (ACC) has reported more positive signs for chemicals operations in its weekly business trends outlook. According to the ACC, all chemical products are showing a general recovery in activity since the hurricanes that devastated the U.S. Gulf...