Spectrum Cap Tilted Slightly
- Trading in frequencies. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;03/20/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 12, p30
Deals with United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman William F. Kennard's idea to create a secondary market through which wireless license holders can sell and buy spectrum resources. Attitude of telecommunication carriers on Kennard's idea; Actions to be taken by the commission;...
- Growing PCS bids fill FCC's coffer. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;1/29/96, Vol. 230 Issue 5, p9
Reports on wireless entrepreneurs' growing bids for personal communication services (PCS) licenses in the Federal Communications Commission's C block auction. Most lucrative markets; Level of competition and high stakes of the auction.
- States must stop singling out wireless in area code overlays. Wayne, Debra // RCR;8/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p6
No abstract available.
- Hard Time. Still, William J.; Lin, Christiana L. // Wireless Review;06/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on the regulations given by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which have the potential to increase wireless providers' regulatory cost of doing business. Reason of the FCC for removing a precondition for E-911 service; Petition process that must be undergone if...
- User groups criticize caller-paid wireless. Rohde, David // Network World;11/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p33
Reports on the concern of telecommunication groups Ad Hoc Telecommunications Users Committee and the ACUTA over a proposal of the United States Federal Communications Commission that would require wireless carriers to provide a calling-party-pays (CPP) option to their subscribers. Cost of CPP...
- Wireless auctions coming. Rodger, Will // Inter@ctive Week;08/04/97, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p48
Reports on wireless communication options to be announced by the Federal Communications Commission. Detail on the Local Multipoint Distribution System, to be auctioned; Comment from Dave Maloff, president of WebCel Incorporated, in Washington, D.C.
- Spectrum Futures For Sale? Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the proposal of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to lease wireless communication spectrum temporarily during a special event and to sell the spectrum on the open market. Reasons behind the scarcity of spectrum; Reasons behind the FCC proposal; Factors...
- Death by detour. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/13/95, Vol. 228 Issue 11, p5
Opinion. Discusses the consequences of a delay in the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) entrepreneurs' block auction for small businesses, rural telephone companies and minority-owned businesses wishing to enter the wireless communications industry. Telephone Electronics Corp.'s...
- Interconnect fees to drop drastically. Wayne, Debra // RCR;8/05/96, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the impact of the US Federal Communications Commission's adoption of a local-competition docket on wireless communications carriers. Features of the docket; Impact on prices paid by local exchange carriers and wireless carriers; Comment by FCC Commissioner James Quello.
- Court deliberates stay of interconnection rules. Wayne, Debra // RCR;10/07/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p3
Reports that a Washington circuit court is still undecisive on whether to prolong a temporary stay of the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) interconnection and local competition rules. When the temporary stay became effective; Wireless carriers' concern about the pending interconnection...