Feedstock costs hit Brazilian firms
- Petroflex plans on hold. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 54, p26
The article reports on the suspension of Petroflex's plans to construct a synthetic rubber plant in eastern Europe. According to a company spokeswoman, the appreciation of the Brazilian real, plus high raw materials prices, forced Petroflex to put on hold plans to build its first overseas...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;7/21/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p14
Reports on Brazil's Copene's negotiation to buy 20.4 percent stake in the synthetic rubber maker Petroflex owned by Coperbo and Norquisa.
- Petroflex and PASA to build styrene unit. Salles, Flavio // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p14
Reports that Petroflex is joining Petroquimica Argentina (Pasa) and Copesul to build a styrene plant in Triunfo, Brazil. Plan to form a joint venture to build the plant; Project financing sources.
- Lanxess answers the call. McNulty, Mike // Rubber & Plastics News;4/21/2008, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p11
The article presents information on the business planning of Lanxess AG., which is headquartered in Leverkusen, Germany. It is looking to build its synthetic rubber foundation with its recent acquisition of the controlling interest in Brazilian synthetic rubber producer Petroflex Industria e...
- Lanxess acquires bigger share of Petroflex. Dawson, Brad // Rubber & Plastics News;11/3/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that rubber and chemicals supplier Lanxess AG has purchased a larger stake in rubber producer Petroflex Industria e Comercio SA, paving the way for the Brazilian company to become a wholly owned Lanxess subsidiary. Lanxess acquired 27 percent of Petroflex minority...
- LANXESS to acquire Petroflex chemicals group of Brazil. // Chemical Business;Jan2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p88
The article reports on the plan of Leverkusen, Germany-based specialty chemical firm Lanxess to acquire an interest of about 70 percent in Petroflex SA of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. According to Lanxess management board chairman Axel C. Heitmann, the acquisition significantly expanded their...
- Lanxess continues expansions in BRIC countries. Shaw, David; Dawson, Brad // European Rubber Journal;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p44
The article reports on the continued expansion of Lanxess AG in the countries of Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) in 2008. The German chemicals company has bought Petroflex Industria e Comercio SA, a rubber producer based in Brazil, and is in the process of integrating it into its global...
- NEW PROJECTS SUMMARY. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;3/14/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2138, p26
Presents a summary of several projects in the chemical industry as of February 2005. Dow Chemical; Mondi Business Paper, Norsk Hydro; Petroflex.
- Petroflex accelerates growth. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;2/16/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2087, p25
Reports on the decision of Petroflex, a synthetic rubber producer in South America to accelerate its expansion project in Cabo Agostinho, northeast Brazil as of February 22, 2004. Details of the expansion being done by the company; Reason for its decision to accelerate the expansion; Plan of...