Region bullish on ethylene
- COMMENT Asia. Richardson, John // European Chemical News;5/30/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2149, p5
Comments on the 26th Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference in Yokohama, Japan from May 19 to 20, 2005. Moods of conference participants; Reasons behind the uncertainty of the participants during the meeting; Forecast on the industrial condition by July 2005.
- Analysts pen 2006 for crest of wave. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/8/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2090, p9
Presents forecasts for the U.S. petrochemical industry in 2004. Implication of a delay in Middle East output; Views on the U.S. ethylene and derivatives markets.
- China Produced 6.26 Million Tons of Ethylene in 2004. // China Chemical Reporter;2/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 5/6, p8
Reports on the ethylene production capacity of manufacturers in China. Total ethylene production of Sinopec; Increase in the production of CNPC.
- APLA: Firms Brace for 2009, but Parts of Latin America to Grow. Sisseli, Kara // Chemical Week;11/24/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 36, p11
The article discusses the highlights of the annual meeting of the Petrochemical Association Latin America (APLA) held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in November 2008. Speakers warned that Latin American chemical makers are bracing for a difficult 2009 as regional Industry Gross Domestic Product...
- Japanese patchem players confident. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/23/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 21, p14
The article informs that Japan's petrochemical industry executives were brimming with confidence at the 26th Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference, despite the recent dramatic dips in olefins, aromatics and derivatives pricing. Others concur, adding that the prospects for fiscal year 2005 to...
- Global Market Overview. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q3 2008, p7
The article presents an overview of the state of the global petrochemicals market in the third quarter of 2008. Estimates by Business Monitor International put the total global ethylene capacity to around 123mn tonnes per annum in 2007. The Middle East and Africa contributed just 11.8 percent of...
- Latin America prime for petrochemicals. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;1/29/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p18
The article presents views of professor Steve Arbogast on the future of the petrochemical market in Latin America. He expressed his views at Flexpo 2006, an industry conference held in Galveston, Texas. Arbogast said that historically Latin America served as a swing market for excess capacity in...
- Asia cools down. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;1/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 476, p11
Presents an outlook for the petroleum chemicals industry in Asia in 2005. Factors that may contribute to the slowdown of the industry; Risks that may be encountered due to such slowdown; Projections for ethylene and propylene margins.
- World Ethylene Market to cross 160 million tons by 2015, according to new report by Global Industry Analysts. // Chemical Business;Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p59
The article reports on the predictions of the Global Industry Analysts for the ethylene market. The company notes that the market is projected to produce a total of 160.55 million tons by year 2015 driven by widening product applications of polyethylene. Ethylene serves as the fundamental...