Consumption on the rise
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS. // Global Energy Market Research: Taiwan;Jul2012, p7
The article discusses the Energy Bureau's forecast for Taiwan's final energy consumption through 2020. It details projections for the energy demand for gas at 17 percent, demand for oil at 30 %, demand for coal at 40%, and demand for renewable energies at 6 percent. It expects a tighter energy...
- Juiced Up. Coronado, Eduardo // Latin Trade (English);Aug2006, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p31
The article offers an outlook on power demand in Latin America. Metals analyst Platts predicts that Latin America will require 90,000 megawatts of new generating capacity by 2012 and suggests that annual demand grow, on average, by 2.13% through 2007. As oil and natural gas prices zoom, power...
- ISSUES AND PROSPECTS. // Global Energy Market Research: Ireland;Feb2012, p20
The article offers information on the energy supply in Ireland as of February 2012. It mentions the prediction by the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) that the total final consumption for oil and gas for 2020 is 2.7%. It says that transport will contribute to the expected demand for...
- Power Hungry People. Baker, Chris // Insight on the News;06/25/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p32
Reports on the increased demand for more energy in the United States. Amount of energy used in 2000; Factors that contribute to the increase in energy consumption; Estimated value of fossil fuels; Forecast on energy need of the country.
- Methods of predicting urban domestic energy demand with reduced datasets: a review and a new GIS-based approach. Rylatt, RM; Gadsden, SJ; Lomas, KJ // Building Services Engineering Research & Technology;May2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p93
This paper reviews existing bottom-up approaches to the urban scale prediction of domestic energy demand and introduces a new approach based on Geographical Information Systems (GIS). It describes how software tools can be used to derive predictors from the plan form of dwellings extracted from...
- Energie-, Material- und Ressourceneffizienz: Zunehmende Bedeutung im Verarbeitenden Gewerbe. Wackerbauer, Johann // ifo Schnelldienst;11/11/2011, Vol. 64 Issue 21, p26
No abstract available.
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION OF ELECTRICITY END USES IN MALAYSIAN HISTORIC BUILDINGS. Kamaruzzaman, Syahrul N.; Edwards, Rodger E.; Zawawi, Emma M. A. // Energy & Environment;2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3/4, p393
Malaysia has inherited hundreds of heritage buildings from the past including those from the Indian, Chinese and Colonial eras apart from the indigenous traditional buildings. These buildings have the most unique ecstatic value from the viewpoint of architecture, culture, art, etc. Malaysian...
- Saving Oil in a Hurry. // Future Survey;Sep2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p10
Presents an overview of the book "Saving Oil in a Hurry," released by the International Energy Agency. Measures that can be taken to reduce oil demand; Categories of oil-saving effects of measures.
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION. // Global Energy Market Research: Mexico;Dec2011, p14
The article reports on the consumption of energy resources in Mexico. It mentions the country's electricity consumption per capita of 2,000 kilowatt hour. It notes the stability of its total demand for energy since 2009 but with an increased average pace of 2.8% annually between 2000 and 2008....