INDIA TAKES CHINESE IDEA TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- Long live the incentives. Gibbs, Hope Katz // Export Today;Jul98, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p60
Reports that due to Section 936 of the Internal Revenue Code, which was passed as part of the Tax Reform Act of 1986, companies were offered financial incentives to hire employees and make capital investments in Puerto Rico. When the United States Congress voted to phase out the Section 936 tax...
- Seoul courts foreign investors. // Export Today;Nov98, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p10
Details South Korea's special tax incentives for major foreign investors in manufacturing industries. Easier financing for the acquisition of land for factories; Reduction of the approval period for plant construction; Exemption from national corporate and income taxes.
- Investment Overview. // Austria Country Review;2001/2002, p60
Presents an overview of investments in Austria. Investment of foreign firms; Requirements for foreign investors; Tax incentives offered to foreign investors.
- GENEROUS TO A FAULT. // Export Today's Global Business;Mar2000, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p14
Reveals that incentives offered by the state and other government agencies are the least important factors considered by corporation executives in selecting a business site. Factors that are considered as most important during the selection decision process; Other less important factors...
- Hope alive for 10 year holidays. Nicholson, Tom // Slovak Spectator;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, pI
Talks about the Slovakia's 10-year tax holiday for foreign investors. Actions taken by the Slovak government to attract foreign direct investments; Status of the government bill; Consequence if Slovakia went ahead and enacted the tax incentives.
- Korea Tax Breaks. // Export Today;Jan1999, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
Reports on South Korea's implementation of another round of incentives for foreign investors, including an expanded program of tax breaks. Eligibility period for benefits.
- Investing in China's Economic Development Zones: A Managerial Guide. Firoz, Nadeem M.; Rezvani, Farahmand; Ramin, Taghi; Abdallah, Wagdy // International Journal of Management;Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p223
Explores the economic development zones in China. Advantages derived from economic development zones by foreign manufacturers; Ways of using economic development zones gainfully; Implications of the research for foreign investors.
- Investment Overview. // Australia Country Review;2001/2002, p60
Discusses the foreign investment policy of Australia. Screening of the investment proposals by the Foreign Investment Review Board for conformity with Australian law and policy; Regulation of foreign investments based on the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act, 1975; Federal tax incentives.
- Tax incentives fail to inspire investors. Miller, Keith // Slovak Spectator;01/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the failure of a January 2000 draft tax incentive package legislation in Slovakia to appeal to foreign investors. Disappointment of foreign analysts toward the legislation; Main concerns of critics of the tax incentive package; Views of the Finance Ministry of Slovakia on the tax...