Portable Internet, As Subscribers Like It
- REACHING OUT TO A WIRELESS FUTURE. // eWeek;06/12/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p31
Interviews wireless pioneer Martin Cooper, who is at the helm of ArrayCom Inc., about his vision of the wireless future. Maker of the world's first cellular phone call; Extensive plans for the wireless Internet; On the so-called 3G (third-generation) wireless; Company's smart-antenna...
- Smart antennas go broadband. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/29/99, Vol. 237 Issue 22, p92
Reports the development of I-Burst, an Internet Protocol-based wireless technology by ArrayComm company. Comment from Martin Cooper, chairman and director of the company; Details on the requirements of addressing the market; Comparison of the product with other technology.
- ArrayComm merges Redback technology with i-Burst. // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p32
Reports on the integration of ArrayComm Inc.'s i-Burst technology with Redback Networks' Subscriber Management System to produce wireless systems for wired networks.
- U.S. technology players head to Australia with 3G offerings. Wendelken, Sandra // RCR Wireless News;4/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p3
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. and Arraycomm are planning to launch their wireless communication technologies in the Australian market.
- ArrayComm leader says industry still lacks maturity. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;10/9/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p20
Reports on the comments of ArrayComm Inc. chief executive officer Martin Cooper on the uncertainties of the growth and stability of wireless communication systems.
- ArrayComm gets license to test i-Burst in San Diego. Smith, Hilary // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p18
Reports that ArrayComm Inc.has been granted a spectrum license by the United States Federal Communications Commission to test its i-Burst wireless Internet system.
- ArrayComm demos seamless handoff via i-BURST. // RCR Wireless News;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the demonstration of the seamless Internet session hand-off between two base stations by ArrayComm Inc. using its i-BURST technology. Details of the demonstration; Information on the hand-off process.
- ARRAYCOMM OFFERS SOLUTION TO WIRELESS DATA DILEMMA. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;2/18/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 7, p19
Reports on the plan of ArrayComm to market its i-Burst system as a solution to the broadband wireless data dilemma. Capabilities of the i-Burst; Difference of i-Burst from direct service lines; Attitude of industry experts toward the technology of ArrayComm.
- Wireless Veteran Pushes Planning. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;5/13/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p13
Reports on the development of a spectrum-efficient broadband technology by ArrayComm Inc. that would be available by the end of 2002. Achievement of ArrayComm Chief Executive Officer Marty Cooper in wireless communication sector; Appeal made by Cooper for the U.S. Congress; Reason for the...