Ciba set for expansion
- Brendan Cummins to join the executive committee of Ciba Specialty Chemicals. // Colourage;Nov2001, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p82
Reports on the Board of Directors of Ciba Specialty Chemicals' appointment of Brendan Cummins as head of International Coordination and Human Resources and member of the Executive Committee of Ciba Specialty Chemicals, effective December 1, 2001.
- Ciba Plans Organizational Shake-up. Hume, Claudia // Chemical Week;2/28/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 9, p17
Presents information on the corporate restructuring plans of Ciba Specialty Chemicals. Information on the segments of the company; Purpose of the corporate restructuring; Acquisition plans of the company.
- Huntsman recasts new Textile Effects business with focus on Asia. // Indian Textile Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p103
This article reports on an announcement made by Peter R. Huntsman, president and chief executive officer of Huntsman Corp., regarding the completed strategy review for its global textile effects business. The company acquired this business from Ciba Specialty Chemicals, Inc. on June 30, 2006. A...
- Huntsman to put $150m into textiles. Crow, Patrick // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;10/30/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 16, p10
The article reports on the plan of Huntsman to spend $150 million over the next three years to restructure its Textile Effects business that it acquired from Ciba Specialty Chemicals in June 2006. The plan will expand its operations significantly in Asia but consolidating them in the Americas...
- Ciba beats down losses. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/19/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the growth of CIBA Specialty Chemicals' operating income from Swissfranc41 million in 2005 to Swissfranc531 million in 2006. Ciba chief operating officer (COO) Brendan Cummins cites that the company is optimistic that it could meet the organic sales increase of 3% to...
- Ciba beats down losses. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 54, p12
The article reports on the success of Ciba Specialty in cutting its 2006 net loss. The company's operating income for 2006 increased to Swfr531 million. Higher output supported the company to narrow its losses, but Ciba chief operating officer Brendan Cummins said the company had seen raw...
- PEOPLE. // AATCC Review;Apr2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p19
The article announces promotions, appointments and retirements in the textile industry. For the company Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp., Brendan Cummins was appointed chief executive officer, and Kurt Feller retired from his position on the board of directors; he will be replaced by Beat Hess.
- Ciba Specialty Chemicals holds groundbreaking ceremony for the new antioxidant manufacturing plant in Singapore. // Chemical Business;Mar2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p76
Reports on a groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of a new antioxidant manufacturing plant on Jurong Island, Singapore, held by CIBA Specialty Chemicals Corp. Individuals who officiated the ceremony, including CIBA CEO Brendan Cummins; Views of Teo Ming Kian, chairman of Singapore...
- B Cummins, new COO at Ciba. // Indian Textile Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p156
The article announces the appointment of Brendan Cummins as chief operating officer of Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp. in September 2005. Cummins has been with the company for more than thirty years. He has held a number of leading global positions, such as regional president of China and the...