Lonza/Genentech sign facilities deal
- Lonza Selects Nansha China for New Plant. // Nutraceuticals World;Jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p23
The article reports that Bazel, Switzerland-based Lonza Inc. has selected Nansha as the location for its new vitamin B3 manufacturing plant in China.
- Visp facility is ahead of schedule. Whitfield, Mark // European Chemical News;4/7/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2047, p29
Presents an update on the construction of a biopharmaceuticals manufacturing plant of Lonza at its Visp site in Switzerland as of April 2003. Schedule for the plant's initial operation; Manufacturing line that will be operated in the plant; Expected date of the availability of several lines for...
- Lonza scoops Rituxan contract. Tyler, Alan // European Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2081, p26
Reports on a long-term agreement signed by Lonza's biologics division with U.S.-based Genentech for the production of the drug Rituxan also known as rituximab. Terms of the agreement; Investment plan of Lonza for the production of the drug; Background of rituximab.
- Lonza Agrees on Supply Deal With Genentech. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;12/24/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 46, p24
Reports on the agreement signed by Lonza with Genentech for supply of commercial quantities of Rituxan non-Hodgkin's lymphoma cancer drug. Plan for manufacturing the drug; Importance of the for Lonza.
- Project Success Requires Vision and Attention to Detail. Harrold, Dave // Control Engineering;May2000, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p57
Reports on the delivery of efficient and flexible automation to the pharmaceutical manufacturing plant of Genentech in Vacaville, California. Stakeholder expectations included in the goals of the company's design team; Information collected by the final product recipe during its manufacturing...
- Lonza Raises Biologics Utilization. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;2/4/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on agreements signed by Lonza with several pharmacy and biotech companies. Agreement made by the company with Genentech for the manufacturing of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma drug Rituxan; Clinical trial quantities of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies to be supplied by Lonza; Supply contract...
- Using alarm and event analysis to achieve batch productivity improvements. Parks, Jim; Yuri, Yoshitaka // Control Solutions;Feb2003, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p42
Deals with the investigation made on the relationship between alarm notification and operator reactions at Lonza Incorporated's plant. Importance of operator reactions for maintaining the plant's productivity; Application of the balance analysis method to a batch process; Problem areas...
- Genentech invests $400 million in Oregon. Jacklet, Ben // Oregon Business Magazine;May2010, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p18
The article presents an interview with Barry Starkman, plant manager at Genentech Inc., which has invested 400 million dollars in Oregon. When asked where he is originally from, Barry said New Jersey. He also informed that he started working on Genentech's move to Oregon in the summer of 2005....
- Agreements/contracts. // Medical Device Daily;11/10/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 217, p4
The article reports on the selection of Lonza's factory in Hopkinton, Massachusetts by ProChon Biotech to produce its fibroblast growth factor (FGF2v) variant in the U.S. The growth factor functions as a main regulator of cellular processes associated with blood vessel formation, wound healing...