TOP STORIES FROM ICIS news
- Back to the basics. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/30/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 22, p20
Focuses on the financial performance of chemical companies globally. Increase in the net profit of Sabic in Saudi Arabia; Earnings of ExxonMobil Chemical Co. in Houston, Texas; Percentage gain in the operating revennue of Sinopec in Beijing, China.
- Awaiting the second wave. Tan, Florence; Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;5/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 446, p12
Discusses challenges faced by joint-venture cracker projects in China. Foreign petrochemical industries which have expressed interest in forming cracker joint ventures with Chinese companies; Benefits of the addition of Saudi Aramco in the ExxonMobil and Sinopec joint-venture cracker project in...
- Tianjin Refining and Petrochemical Complex Came on Commercial Production. // China Chemical Reporter;5/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p11
The article reports that Tianjin Refining and Petrochemical Complex, owned by Sinopec Corp. and Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC), held a special ceremony to start the commercial production of Tianjin refining and petrochemical integrated complex at New Binhai District in Tianjin, China.
- SABIC and Sinopec in MoU to collaborate on polycarbonate production in China. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jun2011, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p61
The article reports on the memorandum of understanding (MOU) signed by Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC) and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (Sinopec Corp). to jointly produce polycarbonate in China.
- Sinopec and SABIC Join Hands in PC Plant. // China Chemical Reporter;6/6/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p8
The article focuses on the partnership between China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation (Sinopec Group) and Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) for the development of a new polycarbonate (PC) production plant in nothern China.
- SABIC and Sinopec link. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/19/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 11, Special section p15
The article reports that negotiations will start between SABIC and China's state-owned refiner Sinopec Corp., and Trinidad and Tobago on a proposed methanol complex in the Caribbean country.
- Sabic and Sinopec Begin Construction of Polycarbonate Plant in China. // Chemical Week;4/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 10, p23
Information is presented about Sabic and Sinopec companies joint venture, Sinopec Sabic Tianjin Petrochemical Co., and the construction of a polycarbonate facility at Tianjin, China.
- Duo plan expansion schemes. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 43, p23
This article reports that Saudi Basic Industries Corp. and ExxonMobil Chemical have started to work on a feasibility study to define a potential project that would expand their two joint petrochemical ventures in Saudi Arabia. The project will target a domestic supply of carbon black, rubber and...
- Sinopec chief says open to competition from private refineries: report. // Chemical Business;Aug2011, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p77
The article reports on the openness of refiner China Petrochemical Corp. or Sinopec Group to the liberalization of the domestic crude oil market and competition from independent refineries in 2011, according to chairman Fu Chengyu.