Qualcomm Bets Its Chips
- Qualcomm shows UMTS phone. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p22
Reports on the demonstration of the third-generation Universal Mobile Telecommunication system-compliant cellular phone developed by Qualcomm Inc. Chipset and system software used in the handset; Results of the demonstration.
- Qualcomm gets Korean awards for CDMA ASICs. // Electronic News (10616624);6/12/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2069, p6
Cites Qualcomm Inc.'s announcement that it received purchase orders valued at $8 million from LG Information and Communications and Samsung Electronics for ASICs based on its code division multiple access (CDMA) technology. South Korea's selection of CDMA as its national digital cellular...
- Qualcomm to Sell Omnitracs Inc. For $800 Million. Alien, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;9/2/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p3
The article reports on the plan of semiconductor company Qualcomm Inc. in selling its subsidiary company Omnitracs Inc. to Austin, Texas-based private equity group Vista Equity Partners.
- McLeod adds cellphone dispatch. // Fleet Owner;Dec2007, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p76
The article evaluates the mPhone cell phone application from Qualcomm Inc.
- BUSINESS. // Total Telecom Magazine;Sep2006, p4
The article offers world news briefs related telecommunication as of September 2006. Telenor will be acquiring Serbian mobile operator Mobi63. Maroc Connect, Maroc Telecom and Meditel have paid to acquire licenses to offer third-generation cell-phone technology services in Morocco. The France...
- Qualcomm to sell Omnitracs to Vista Equity Partners for $800million. // Bulk Transporter;Sep2013, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that semiconductor firm Qualcomm Inc. has signed an agreement to sell its subsidiary Omnitracs Inc. to U.S.-based private equity company Vista Equity Partners for $800 million.
- Qualcomm Finalizes $800 Million Sale of Omnitracs. // Telecom Mergers & Acquisitions;Nov2013, p3
The article reports that telecommunications company Qualcomm has finalized the sale of its Omnitracs subsidiary to U.S.-based private equity firm Vista Equity Partners (Vista).
- On-Line. Holt, Chuck // Wireless Review;10/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p6
Discusses some marketing events in the wireless telecommunication industry. Competition between the Internet-capable cellular phone models from Sprint PCS company and Qualcomm company; Issue on the use of GPS-enabled handset solution by United States Federal Communications Communication (FCC);...
- What to watch. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;1/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p3
The article focuses on the availability of television programs for downloading on cellular telephones. Crown Castle International Corp. has collaborated with Qualcomm Inc. to create networks dedicated to one-way wireless video. MobiTV works closely with content providers to determine what the...