Technical Research Recovers
- The Libertarian Party asks: 'Â¿DÃ³nde estÃ¡ la libertad?' // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/5/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p13
The article reports that the Libertarian Party said that the debate on the lawsuits by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) over English only policies at some private businesses is an attack against the rights of those businesses.
- Effing the Ineffable: The Logocentric Fallacy in Argumentation. Gilbert, Michael A. // Argumentation;2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p21
Words, just because they are words, are not inherently clear. The message they contain becomes clear to those who speak the language and are familiar with the issues and contexts. If the message lacks linguistic clarity the recipient of the message will typically make a query that will bring...
- AN ALTERNATIVE TO CONCEPTUAL ANALYSIS IN THE FUNCTION DEBATE. Schwartz, Peter H. // Monist;Jan2004, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p136
Focuses on alternative to conceptual analysis in the function debate. Requirements on avoiding the problems of conceptual analysis; Inclusion of the aspects of function debate; Description of the traditional conceptual analysis and proposed alternative ways to model the debate.
- Business Enterprise Value Debate: Still a Long Way to Reconciliation. Lennhoff, David C. // Appraisal Journal;Oct99, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p422
Focuses on a debate on business enterprise value (BEV) which led to an agreement on the existence of BEV and its definition. Arguments in favor of business enterprise value; Team in favor of using BEV; Arguments of the opposing team; Rebuttal arguments.
- The FIRST of the 4th Congressional District Debates. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/25/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 39, p18
The article provides information about the Fourth Congressional District Debate to be held in Fairfield County, Connecticut on October 4, 2006. The event is co-sponsored by the Advocate & Greenwich Time, The Business Council of Fairfield County, The Fairfield Country Bar Association, The League...
- Cookie privacy debate rages on. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;May/Jun2011, p8
The article discusses the ongoing debate on the implementation of an ePrivacy directive, known as a cookie law, making it illegal for web users to be tracked by businesses via cookies without their express consent.
- The Paradox of the Market: A Critical Exploration. Prasad, Anshuman; Prasad, Pushkala // Business Renaissance Quarterly;Summer2007, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p51
This article seeks to engage in a critical exploration of the idea of 'the market.' In recent years, the debate on the market (and the basic values, principles and ethics embodied in the market) has reached center stage. This debate is important for business scholars and practitioners alike,...
- Selling points. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;3/9/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the debate concerning the sale of Kingsbury Corp.'s property in Keene, New Hampshire.
- A.I.B. Selects Contest Topics for 1968-69. // Banking;Oct68, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p109
Reports on the announcement of topics for national public speaking and debate contests by the American Institute of Banking as of October 1968. General theme of the 43rd annual National Public Speaking Contest; Subtopics for the contest; Resolution for debate teams.