BlackRock Brings Calpers and Calstrs to Stuytown
- Trainwreck. Jason, Gary // Liberty (08941408);Jul2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p34
The article focuses on a study conducted by a group of economists at Standford University in California concerning the pension fund level of three major state systems which are the California Public Employees' Retirement System, the University of California Retirement System, and the California...
- Private Equity In the Red at CalPERS, CalSTRS. Braunschweig, Carolina // Investment Management Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p1
Reports the decline of the private equity portfolios of the California Public Employee's Retirement System and the California State Teachers' Retirement System in 2003. Plans of both funds for realigning their private equity portfolio; Details on the losses of both portfolios; Background on...
- Urban revitalization builds on dual goals. O'Connor, Cecily // Pensions & Investments;2/5/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on issues related to pension funds in the U.S. American pension funds are earmarking a total of about $7.1 billion toward urban renewal efforts, with the dual goal of spurring returns and revitalizing cities. Most investment activity came from the California Public Employees'...
- Calif. Pensions Post FY2013 Gains. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;7/15/2013, p2
The article reports on the investment returns for the fiscal year 2012 released by California pension plans, California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS) and the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS).
- Shining new light on fees. // Pensions & Investments;12/14/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p0010
The article reports on a letter sent by California State Treasurer John Chiang to the investment committee chairs of the California Public Employees' Retirement System and California State Teachers' Retirement System, urging them to draft a state law that requires private equity firms to...
- Top 200 pension funds/sponsors. // Pensions & Investments;1/25/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p30
Lists the top 200 pension funds in the United States in terms of assets for the year ending September 30, 1998. Includes California Public Employees Retirement System; New York State Common Retirement Fund; California State Teachers Retirement System; New York State Teachers Retirement System.
- Investors Reposition Amid Uncertainty of Real Estate. Berry, Kate // San Diego Business Journal;6/20/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p22
Reports on the repositioning of investors amid uncertainty of the real estate business in Southern California. Move of some investors to sell their investment properties even as prices continue to rise; Idea of some investors to sell properties in the region and then reinvest in other states...
- Cover Story: Sacramento's Kings. Vasan, Paula // AiCIO;Sep2011, p1
From aiCIO Magazine's Fall 2011 Issue: An exclusive interview with two of the most influential chief investment officers in America - Chris Ailman of CalSTRS and Joe Dear of CalPERS.
- The top 200 pension funds/sponsors. // Pensions & Investments;1/24/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p16
This article presents information related to the top 200 pension funds in the U.S. listed in the February 2005 issue of "Pensions & Investments." Few of the listed organisations are: California Public Employees' Retirement System; California State Teachers' Retirement System; Florida State...