News Briefs ï¿½
- School, College Power McGraw-Hill Ed Revenue. // Educational Marketer;10/29/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the 9.9% increase in revenue at McGraw-Hill Education during the third quarter of 2007 in New York. The increase is driven by strong results in School Education Group and college publishing. The results in the key sales quarter aided in boosting year-to-date revenue to...
- McGraw-Hill Reorganizes Macmillan and Glencoe Into School Solutions Group, McClung to Lead It. // Educational Marketer;9/4/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the establishment of McGraw-Hill School Solutions through the integration of McGraw-Hill Education's elementary and secondary basal textbook publishing businesses in New York. Steven McClung, president of the secondary publishing business, was named president of the new...
- Digital Adoptions Continue Growing--Slowly. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the growth of digital delivery of educational materials in the U.S. It mentions that educational publishers in the country are seeking ways to advance the digital delivery of instructional materials in the country. Richard Casabonne, chief executive officer (CEO) of...
- McGraw-Hill Reorganizes K-12 Supplemental Businesses into One Group with Two Divisions. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the reorganization of the K-12 supplemental operations of McGraw-Hill Education in the U.S. Capital investment on the alternative basal and supplemental market; Sales of Open Court and Direct Instruction curriculum products; Operation of the subsidiary units.
- McGraw-Hill Forms New Digital Unit Within School Education Group To Focus On Delivery. // Electronic Education Report;7/4/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Reports that New York City-based educational publisher McGraw-Hill Education will create a unit called McGraw-Hill Digital Learning to focus on its digitized content.
- EM's Top PreK-12 Stories of 2010. // Educational Marketer;1/ 3/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the PreK-12 educational publishing industry in the U.S. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. underwent restructuring to cut its debt load. Pearson PLC and public schools in Montgomery County, Maryland entered into a partnership to speed up the...
- K-12 Supplemental Sales Increase 5.6% To $2B As Schools Begin Spending Again, Though Cautiously. // Educational Marketer;7/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the rise in K-12 supplemental material sales in the United States. Total value of the U.S. instructional materials market in the fiscal year 2003; Sales of instructional materials during the penultimate months of the school year 2003-2004; Factors contributing to the rise in...
- College IM Sales Grow Little in August. // Educational Marketer;11/7/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the continuous struggle of college publishers on the year-to date net sales of textbooks which stayed in the negative side in the U.S. It notes a 3.7% to 2.93 million net sales declination through August, which publishers cite the slow enrollment as the main factor. A...
- FREE Catalog of New 1990-91 Material. // Education Week;1/30/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p28
The article presents information on an educational catalog from Kentucky School Service. The catalog contains new material from leading educational manufacturers in easy-to-scan brochure.