College Sales Up 10.1% in September
- A 7.3% Decline In Returns Helps Drive College Net Sales Up 4.3%. // Educational Marketer;9/20/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the impact of the decline in college textbook returns on net sales in the U.S. Percentage of gross sales of college publishers; Amount of the decline in returns.
- EM PULSE: College Sales Up 4.9%. // Educational Marketer;11/10/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the increase of the net sales of college textbooks in the U.S. in 2008.
- College Net Sales up 2.8% to $3.32B In 2006; Returns Average 24.1%. // Educational Marketer;2/19/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of college textbook publishers in the U.S. in 2006. The sales report of the Association of American Publishers showed that the net sales of college textbooks reached $3.32 billion compared with the $3.23 billion in 2005. Overall, gross sales...
- Textbooks at a Bargain. // University Business;Mar2005, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on urShelf.com, a Web site created by Geoffrey Cox and his colleagues at the New Jersey Institute of Technology, which allows students to buy and sell textbooks from each other at reduced prices. Recommendation of Cox that users sell books for forty percent of the original cost;...
- Educator's changing needs challenge textbook publishers. Barton, David; Kelly, Jr., Edward N. // Marketing News;7/23/1982, Vol. 16 Issue 2, Special section p4
This article focuses on various challenges in the publishing of college textbooks in the U.S. Marketing educators have a strong interest in the publishing of college textbooks, either in the role of author or adopter. Promotional challenges have to be overcome in the marketing of college...
- E-BOOKS GO TO COLLEGE. HANSON, CHERI // Quill & Quire;Nov2008, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p25
The article focuses on the efforts of a group of five U.S. publishers to promote electronic college textbooks in Canada. CourseSmart, an online marketplace for digital books, was created in 2007 by McGraw-Hill Cos., Pearson Education Inc., Cengage Learning Inc., John Wiley & Sons Inc., and...
- U,of Maryland offers plan for using students' appraisals of textbooks. // Marketing News;12/3/76, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the plans of the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland, to facilitate the appraisal of marketing textbooks by students. The university has developed a new written instrument to help students in analyzing books and to make statistical tabulation of varying...
- WHAT IS YOUR ROA? AN INVESTIGATION OF THE MANY FORMULAS FOR CALCULATING RETURN ON ASSETS. Jewell, Jeffrey J.; Mankin, Jeffrey A. // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Oct2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p62
This paper compares the eleven different versions of computing return on assets that can be found in current business textbooks. To illustrate the practical differences between the different versions, each version of ROA is calculated for eight slightly different example firms. The results are...
- Tower Records Hits Sour Note. Wilensky, Dawn // License!;Jul2003, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p14
Reports on Tower Records Books & Video Inc.'s efforts to return to profitability. Outcomes of restructuring initiatives; Earnings of the retail firm for the six months ended January 31, 2003.