Pearson Dominates, Harcourt is No. 2 in South Carolina Adoption
- Pearson Leads in N.C. Language Arts/Literature Adoption. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p5
The article provides information on the leads of Pearson Education for K-12 adoption in language arts and literature in North Carolina. Pearson collected a 37.9% share of the overall adoption on the strength of its sales, leading in the K-5 and 6-8 segments, and a strong second place finisher in...
- Pearson Education Storms the Alamo to Capture 33% Of the $233.7 Million Texas Social Studies Adoption. // Educational Marketer;8/04/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the decision of electronic publishing firm Pearson Education Inc, in adopting the ï¿½Scott Foresman Social Studies&rqduo; program in Texas. Percentage of the share nationwide; Significance of instructional material; Level of state budget problems.
- FunBrain Language Arts Games. Mandell, Phyllis Levy; Minkel, Walter // School Library Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p61
Reviews the Web site FunBrain Language Arts Games from Pearson Education.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;12/1/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p8
Cites the teamup between Pearson Scott Foresman and Colonial Williamsburg to create content for Scott Foresman elementary social studies textbooks.
- Texas Social Studies, Florida Literature Power Pearson Ed. To Top Of EM's 2003 Adoption Scorecard. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p1
Powered by a dominating sales performance in Texas social studies and bolstered by a leading position in literature in Florida, Pearson Education Inc. captured the top spot in the exclusive Adoption Scorecard for 2003 of the journal "Education Marketers." It estimated total sales of 112.9...
- Texas Social Studies, Florida Literature Power Pearson Ed. To Top Of EM's 2003 Adoption Scorecard. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p5
Social studies was the largest adoption opportunity in 2003 and six of the 10 highest selling textbooks in pre-K-8 came from that discipline, including the two top slots in the annual best-seller list of the journal "Educational Marketers" (EM). Sales of these two textbooks combined represented...
- Great Primary Sources on the Great Depression: Using the Library of Congress Collections Online. Ward, Lisa M. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Jan2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p17
Offers curriculum ideas for a Social Studies and Language Arts project about the Great Depression geared to grade levels seven to eight. Library media skills objectives; List of related resources; Activity and procedures for completion; Evaluation.
- Stitch a Story, Stitch a Dream. Black, Sharon; Erickson, Lynnette // Gifted Child Today;Winter2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on goals of both social studies and language arts curriculum to address characteristics and needs of gifted children. Board of directors of the National Council for the Social Studies' explanation on the primary purpose of social studies; Combining aesthetic, affective and social...
- IN THIS ISSUE. // School Librarian's Workshop;Feb/Mar2015, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p2
A list of the subject areas in pre-kindergarten-12 (PK-12) covered in the library program published within the issue is presented, including English /Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science/Health/Art.