Harcourt and Houghton Mifflin Lower Guidance for K-12 after Tough Q3
- Houghton Mifflin K-12 Revenue Flat in 2004, Growth In Open Territories; College Revenue Declines 2.3%. // Educational Marketer;3/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the financial performance of Houghton Mifflin Co.'s K-12 publishing division for the fourth quarter of 2004 in Boston, Massachusetts. Percentage of increase in revenue incurred during the period; Growth in sales for textbook and supplemental materials in open territories; Comparison...
- HM: Sales Rose 5% in '03; Will Decline in '04. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the increase in the revenue posted by publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. in 2003. Total sales during the year; Sales gains experienced by its educational publishing divisions; Factors that contributed to such increases.
- Houghton Mifflin's K-12 Q2 Sales up 14.3% As Overall Revenues Rise 13.5%. // Electronic Education Report;08/30/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p7
Announces the increase in the sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based electronic publisher Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter of 2000.
- Introduction. // Publishing: A Leap From Mind To Mind;2003, pix
The article discusses various topics regarding Houghton Mifflin Co. tackled within the book, including a collection of interviews about book publishing, and a chapter on the efforts of the company to prevent a hostile takeover.
- Vivendi Woes Roil Foreign-Dominated Textbook Sphere. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/9/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the sale of a French media company, the educational publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. after its acquisition by Vivendi Universal SA. Reason for the sale of the company; Reason for lesser concern about the foreign ownership of textbook publishers in the United States; Uncertainty over...
- HM gains in '97, cautious about '98. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p17
Reports on sales at Houghton Mifflin (HM) in 1997 and forecasts for sales in 1998. Increase in 1997 sales; Comments from chairman Nader Darehshori; Sales in 1998 only increasing modestly; Reduced adoption opportunities; Sales in its school division; HM's investment plans for the year.
- Houghton Mifflin projects 10% growth in '99. // Publishers Weekly;5/10/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 19, p28
Reports on publishing firm Houghton Mifflin Co.'s sales projections for 1999. Optimistic sales outlook due to increased adoption opportunities and additional funding for educational and assessment materials; Amount of operating loss sustained in 1997; Acquisition of Computer Adaptive...
- Houghton Mifflin And Princeton Review Benefit From Improved Sales And Marketing Efforts In Q1. // Educational Marketer;5/16/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p1
Reports that Houghton Mifflin's (Boston) educational publishing has grown its revenue 6.5% to $105.4 million in the first quarter of 2005, compared to the same period last year. Positive effect in both K-12 and college sales seen by Houghton Mifflin from its decision last May to expand its sales...
- Sales Up 8% at HM, Income Dips. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p96
Reports on the earnings posted by Houghton Mifflin for 1998. Revenues and operating income of the company; Publishing groups which posted gains in the year; Sales of other segment of Houghton Mifflin.