Leading the choir
- Bonita Vista High School Sound Unlimited. // La Prensa San Diego;4/5/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p1
The article focuses on Bonita Vista High School's Sound Unlimited show choir, which qualified for the FAME national championship competition to be held in Chicago, Illinois on April 26-27, 2013.1
- Capital University. // Triad;Apr/May2013, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p93
The article reports on music-related activities concerning Capital University in Ohio which include Conservatory of Music Spring 2013 programs, 11th Annual New Concert Band Music Reading Clinic, and the 10th Annual The American International School of Muscat (TAISM) Festival of choirs.
- Choir marks 20 years with Jewish 'Top 5'. GINSBERG, JOHANNA // New Jersey Jewish News;5/30/2012, Vol. 67 Issue 22, p11
The article informs that Kol Dodi, a Jewish choir, will celebrate its 20th anniversary at Shir Energy, a gala concert to be held on June 9, 2013, in Livingston, New Jersey.
- CHURCH NEWS. // Wentzville Journal;3/21/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 12, pC3
This section offers Missouri church news briefs as of March 21, 2012 including gospel singing featuring the Redemptions at New Beginnings Worship Center in St. Peters, and a program for the Crescendo Concert Series to be performed by clarinetist Scott Andrews and his pianist wife Nina Farrigno...
- The voices of angels. Adams, Joshua B. // Town & Country;Nov94, Vol. 148 Issue 5174, p29
Features the choirboys of the St. Thomas Choir School in New York City. School's sponsorship of a gala dinner and live auction on November 18, 1994 in celebration of its seventy-fifth anniversary; Comments from headmaster Gordon Clem; Contact information.
- Uniforms and choir robes. // Teaching Music;Feb99, Vol. 6 Issue 4, Guide for Music Educators p10
Provides tips for ordering uniforms and choir robes. Sources of information concerning manufacturers and shipping companies; Service and quality considerations; Prices; Timing of orders.
- 2001 World's Largest Concert. // Teaching Music;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p18
Previews the 2001 World's Largest Concert, scheduled for broadcast on March 8, 2001. Goal of taking viewers on a trip around the world; Performance by a multi-generational choir of children and adults; Availability of a teacher's guide.
- A CHORUS OF COMPLAINTS. Barry, Ellen; de la Baume, Maïa; Drew, Christopher; Korkki, Phyllis; Choe Sang-hun; Thomas Jr., Landon; Wade, Nicholas; Bilyeu, Suzanne // New York Times Upfront;3/1/2010, Vol. 142 Issue 10, p3
The article features "complaint choirs," a group of people who sing about problems, which started in 2005 in Birmingham, England.
- Recruiting singers for elementary chorus. Phillips, Kenneth // Teaching Music;Jun94, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the effects of the National Standards for Music in the formation of elementary choir in the United States. Holding of students' interest; Planning with administrators.