People in the News
- David Levithan: The Happy Editor-Writer. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 7, p16
The article features David Levithan, executive editorial director of Scholastic Press fiction. Levithan is overseeing the company's multimedia projects. He has been with the publisher for 14 years and has risen to a top executive role while managing to launch his own young adult (YA) imprint as...
- Berger Rises At Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the appointment of Ellie Berger as senior vice president for the trade division of Scholastic. Responsibilities of Berger; Immediate supervisor of Berger.
- Still Klutzy After All These Years. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;9/17/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 37, p20
The article focuses on the sale of Klutz Press to Scholastic. Since the sale, Scholastic claims that Klutz's sales have grown steadily and that the company has benefited from exposure to previously untapped channels of distribution, namely Scholastic's book fairs and clubs. One of the biggest...
- Scholastic Continues Computerized Reading Focus With New Exec. // Educational Marketer;01/17/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the continuation of the computerized reading program of Scholastic Inc. called Scholastic Reading Counts! with the appointment of Harry Barfoot as president of the program.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p6
Reports career developments of executives in publishing industry in the U.S. as of June 7, 2004. Appointment of Ellie Berger as senior vice president of trade of Scholastic Inc.; Partnership of former chief executive officer of Juno Inc. Charles Ardai with ex-art director of Juno Max Phillips to...
- People ... // Electronic Education Report;2/25/2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the appointment of Eunice Greer as the director of content for professional development at Scholastic Education. Responsibilities; Career highlights; Expectations of the company from the appointment.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;10/2/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p5
Career developments involving notable people in the book publishing industry in the U.S. are discussed. Colin Fox was named senior editor of Simon & Schuter. Scholastic Corp. appointed Ellie Berger as senior vice president and publisher, Andrea Davis Pinkney as vice president, editor at large...
- PEOPLE. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p15
Reports career developments of the executives in Indianapolis, Indiana. Promotion of John R. Jewett Jr. to executive vice president at National City Bank of Indiana; Recruitment of additional employees by Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc./Regions Financial; Appointment of Christy L. Seipel as a senior...
- Are you promotable? Wood-Young, Jennie // Supervision;Jul99, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p3
Presents several cases indicating qualifications for promotion. Analysis of each case; Suggestions on career development moves to gain promotion; Self-assessment insights; Aspects of promotability.