- R.R. Donnelley buys Banta for $1.3 billion. // Pulp & Paper;Dec2006, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p7
The article reports that R.R. Donnelley has outbid Cenveo to acquire Banta Corp. for $1.3 billion. According to the parties, the deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2007. Banta is a provider of printing and digital imaging services to direct marketers and publishers and has...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/6/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 44, p3
The article offers news briefs on the U.S. book publishing industry. R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. has reached an agreement to buy Banta Corp. in a $1.3-billion deal. Earnings fell 10% in Simon & Schuster's third quarter, to $22.7 million, despite a 2% revenue gain, to $197.4 million. Revenue in the...
- R.R. Donnelley's DOMINATION. Tierney, Jim // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Dec2006, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p17
The article provides information on the acquisition of Banta Corp. by its competitor and the largest printer in North America, R.R. Donnelley & Sons. It discusses the possible effects of the acquisition to the catalog-printing sector. Mark Angelson, chief executive officer of Donnelley, said...
- Donnelley agrees to buy Penton Press. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p18
Reports that R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. has agreed to buy Penton Press, the printing division of Penton Media. Information on the agreement.
- RR Donnelley to acquire Banta Corp. // American Printer;Dec2006, Vol. 123 Issue 12, p15
The article reports that RR Donnelley & Co. signed an agreement with Banta Corporation to acquire the latter company. The acquisition is expected to close in the first quarter of 2007. Banta provides comprehensive printing and digital imaging solutions to leading publishers and direct marketers....
- Top printers report strong '94 gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/20/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 8, p107
Reports on the financial performance of selected book printers in the United States for fiscal year 1994. R.R. Donnelley and Sons; Banta Corp.; Quebecor; Total revenues; Net income; Sales.
- Tough Times for Printers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p113
Reports on the financial difficulty being experienced by the three major printing companies in the U.S. as of August 11, 2003. Decision of the printing companies to include one-time charges associated with their restructuring; Plan of Quebecor World North America to reduce its workforce;...
- Softness Persists in First Quarter. // Publishers Weekly;5/20/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 20, p18
Reports on the financial status of major printers for the first quarter of 2002. Decline in the net sales of R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company's book printing division; Sales in the printing and digital imaging segment of Banta Corp.; Decline in sales of Quebecor World North America.
- Donnelley Snags Toronto Sun. Davis, Avram // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/18/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p9
This article reports on the acquisition by printing services provider R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. of Quebecor World Inc., publisher of the "Toronto Sun" daily newspaper and "Le Journal de Montreal." The acquisition deal is valued at 1.35 billion U.S. dollars. Its previous reorganization plans will...