Reader's Digest Counts New Cookbook as Big Q1 Earner
- Reader's Digest Wraps Up Flat Year; Books Are Fun Challenged. // Book Publishing Report;8/21/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of Pleasantville, New York-based Reader's Digest Association Inc. for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2006 ended June 30, 2006. The company cited the success of its magazine launch such as the "Every Day with Rachael Ray", whose cookbooks are...
- The Taste of Home Cookbook: Cooks Who Care Edition. Sutton, Judith // Library Journal;10/15/2009, Vol. 134 Issue 17, p99
The article reviews the book "The Taste of Home Cookbook: Cooks Who Care Edition."
- Reader's Digest To Cut Spots In Children's Publishing Division. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on management changes initiated by publishing house Reader's Digest. Reorganization of top-level management positions; Plan to cut jobs in the company's children's publishing division; Appointment of Harold Clarke as vice president and publisher; Rumors about the company's strategic...
- RDA's Rx: Tap The Brand. Masterton, John // MediaWeek;03/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p6
Announces the plan of Reader's Digest Association (RDA) to expand into several businesses. Target earnings by 2004; Remarks from RDA chairman/chief executive officer Tom Ryder; Platform for targeted selling of products through the mail.
- RD revises bonus plan, rejects new board nominations. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p12
Reports on results of `Reader's Digest's' (RD) disappointing financial performance. Cash bonuses suspended for some executives; Cancelling of some previously granted stock incentives: Rejected request by Corporate Value Partners to nominate Frank Macchiarola and William Mayer, to RD's board of...
- New Digest series aims to simplify. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p12
Discusses the launching of a `Reader's Digest' adult trade imprint to be called `Simpler Life.' Details of style and content, titles and future releases; Description of marketing strategies and promotional campaign.
- Major changes in RD structure. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p12
Reports on the redesign of the corporate structure and personnel changes of `Reader's Digest' (RD). RDs organization into four business groups, Global Books and Home Entertainment Group, the U.S. Magazine Publishing Group, the International Magazine Publishing Group and QSP Inc.; The broadening...
- Results fall at Reader's Digest. // Publishers Weekly;2/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p23
Reports that Reader's Digest has reported another quarter of declining results for the second period ended December 31, 1997. Revenues for the entire company falling; Decline in the book unit partially due to the strength of the dollar; Comments from chairman George Grune.
- RD growth plan to broaden line. Milliott, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p11
Reports on Reader's Digest Inc.'s growth strategy which includes expansion into nonpublishing activities. Markets targeted by the company; Revenue goals of the firm; Plans of the company in boosting its magazine and book publishing activities.