Simon & Schuster Revenue Up 2% in Q3
- Simon & Schuster Q1 Sales Up 6% To Reach $159.7 Million; Fiction Leads. // Book Publishing Report;4/25/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the increase in the revenue of publisher Simon & Schuster Inc. for the first quarter of 2005, in the U.S. Financial performance of Simon and its parent company Viacom; Lead titles during the quarter that contributed to the strong performance; Speculation that Viacom will sell Simon.
- Romantic Suspense, Classic Fantasy Shines For Harlequin in Q3. // Book Publishing Report;11/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p1
The article reports on the business performance of Harlequin, a publishing division of Torstar Corp. in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2006. The company reported 1.6% increase in revenue and 6.8% increase in operating profit. Harlequin CEO Donna Hayes states that the classic romance fantasy...
- Publisher's hot revenue story. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of publishing company Simon & Schuster Inc. in New York City as of the first quarter of the fiscal year 2007. The publisher has reported an increase in revenue of 27 percent in the first quarter compared to the same period in 2006. Its sales have...
- Simon & Schuster 2004 Revenues Up 8%, Fueled By Children's And Audio. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the increase in the 2004 revenues of Simon & Schuster Inc., a publishing company and a division of Viacom Inc. Impact of the increase sales of the publisher's children and audio book divisions in the revenue of the company; Comparison of the revenues incurred by the publisher from its...
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.
- Resisting fate. Macskimming, Roy // Quill & Quire;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p11
Comments on the Canadian government's granting of permission for U.S. publishing company Simon and Schuster to acquire Distican. Rules about ownership in the Canadian book industry; Ownership policy's objective of strengthening an indigenous cultural industry; Call for Canadian Heritage...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- AP, Simon & Schuster Settlement Raises Questions On "Fair Use" // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p1
Reports that Simon & Schuster Inc. has questioned the Associated Press' copyright law and its haziness on book excerpts in the U.S. Dispute between the two companies on matters involving "fair-use" of copyright materials; Reference to other cases involving similar issue; Factors to determine...
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...