Abrams on Pace for 8% Revenue Rise; Still Cutting Titles
- Harry N. Abrams Updates Site To Reflect New Focus. // Book Publishing Report;8/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the plan of Harry N. Abrams Inc. to expand its focus and redesign its logo and Web site to reflect its shift in the U.S. Features of the Web site; Career achievements of new company president and CEO Michael Jacobs; Plan of the company to expand its children's fiction and non-fiction...
- Jacobs Named Abrams CEO. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p10
Reports on the selection of Michael Jacobs as president and CEO of publishing company Harry Abrams in May 2004. Career background; Owner of Harry Abrams.
- Less Is More for Harry N. Abrams Art Publishing Strategy. // Book Publishing Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that the leading art book publishing company in New York called Harry N. Abrams Inc. has executed its plan to cut back publications in 2005. It was observed by Michael Jacobs, CEO of the company, that the move has led to a solid performance in 2005. It was also forecasted...
- Not Your Father's Art Book Publisher. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/1/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 30, p4
Reports on the changes in the publication strategies of art book publisher Harry N. Abrams in 2005. Focus of the imprints that will be released by Abrams, according to Abrams president and CEO Michael Jacobs; Information on Abrams Image which will be launched by the company in 2006; Imprints...
- A Re-energized Abrams Turns 60. Thornton, Matthew // Publishers Weekly;5/11/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 19, p24
This article reports on the 60th anniversary of publisher Abrams in 2009. According to President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Michael Jacobs, changing the name from HNA Inc. to Abrams reflects the company's historical and current brand identity. In 1949, Harry N. Abrams established Abrams...
- Harry N. Abrams To Cut Title Output 15%. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p3
Reports that Harry N. Abrams Inc. will reduce its book output in 2005 in the U.S. Percentage of the output reduction; Total number of books the company planned to publish in 2005; Statement of CEO Michael Jacobs regarding the sales of art books.
- Abrams Favorite To Buy ST&C. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p11
Reports that Harry Abrams is in position to acquire the assets of U.S Media Holdings, the parent company of Stewart, Tabori & Chang, Smithmark Publishers and Golden Turtle Press, which filed for bankruptcy in spring 2000. Likely result if Abrams seals the deal.
- Stewart, Tabori & Chang Close To Realigning With Harry N. Abrams. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p5
Reports on illustrated book publisher Harry N. Abrams' purchase of the publishing assets of bankrupt U.S. Media Holdings. Publishing units of U.S. Media that are included in the deal; Number new titles that the Stewart, Tabori & Chang imprint plans to release annually.
- Thames & Hudson to distribute Abrams. // Publishers Weekly;10/6/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 41, p20
Notes that all Harry Abrams titles will be distributed worldwide by Thames & Hudson of London, as of January 1, 1998. Relationships between publishing houses.