LOUISIANA: Homeowners Relief Advances
- Community development spending, 1981-2004. Gerenrot, Julie; Cashin, David B.; Paulson, Anna L. // Chicago Fed Letter;Nov2006, Issue 232, p1
The article analyzes two components of each U.S. state's community development spending for the period 1981 to 2004. It looks at transfers from the federal government that are subsequently spent by states and localities. It examines expenditures from moneys generated by states and localities. It...
- House OKs Supplemental Spending Bill; $5.2B for CDBG, $4B for Flood Control. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/14/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32402, p5
The article reports on the United States House's approval of an emergency supplemental military and hurricane spending bill on June 13, 2006. The bill includes the Community Development Block Grant funds for the Gulf Coast region and funds for levee repair and flood control projects. The bill...
- Whitehall is losing its case on euro millions. Walker, Ben // Regeneration & Renewal;2/16/2009, p13
The author reflects on the issue concerning England's Â£671 million European structural funding. He argues that England lost the funding because of the decision of Whitehall in refusing to offer Brussels a six-month spending extension. Moreover, the author emphasized that the Government's...
- ILLINOIS: Chicago's $2B Capital Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32678, p9
The article reports on the declaration of Mayor Richard Daley that Chicago, Illinois plans to spend $2 billion on projects listed in its 2007 capital program, which is up $300 million from its 2006 plan. The program includes $685 million to finance improvements at Chicago's two airports, an...
- Human Resource Development in Malaysia. Razali, Norrizan // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Dec99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p307
Since independence, the Malaysian Government has focussed on social development policies to improve the standard of living, in particular in the areas of health and education. With recent liberalization and privatization policies, the private sector is now encouraged to play a more prominent...
- The Optimal Size of Public Spending and the Distortionary Cost of Taxation. Ng, Yew-Kwang // National Tax Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p253
Offers to reconcile the apparent inconsistency concerning central public finance and partly to consider some other relevant issues affecting the appropriate benefit/cost ratio for and the optimal level of public spending. Conventional view of economists regarding the central public finance;...
- Enhancing the effectiveness of public spending. // OECD Economic Surveys: Finland;Mar2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 3, p57
Focuses on the enhancement of public spending in Finland as of March 2003. Forces that shape public spending developments; Maintenance of aggregate fiscal discipline; Public expenditure issues in local government.
- Most read this week... // Personnel Today;6/15/2010, p2
The article offers information on most read online articles including one on fake fit-notes, public spending cuts in Great Britain and a guide for employment-related World Cup issues.
- The Ohio Budget. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb2002, p15
Presents the proposed budget for Ohio for 2002 and 2003. Restrictions on the ways of spending the budget; Priorities of the executive branch of the state government; Establishment of a budget stabilization fund by the governor.