GEORGIA: Higher Ed Bond Bills Signed
- KENTUCKY: Spending the Surplus. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/4/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32541, p23
The article reports on the decision of the Kentucky General Assembly to use the surplus and authorizing bonds for university projects. The decision came after Governor Ernie Fletcher vetoed a hundred-million worth of bonds, mostly for university projects, fearing the effect of rising debt on the...
- Texas Bill Would Provide $3.2 Billion Of Revenue Debt for Higher Education. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;1/4/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33444, p5
The article focuses on the introduction of a bill that will provide 3.2 billion dollars in tuition-backed revenue bonds for Texas higher education institutions.
- Virginia Lawmakers Introduce Governor's $1.65 billion School Bond Plan. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/11/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32793, p3
The article reports on the revelation of the legislation which authorizes a $1.65 billion education bond packaged, which was proposed by Virginia Governor Tim Kaine. Lawmakers unveiled the proposal at the opening of the 2008 session of the General Assembly. Meanwhile, the bond provisions were...
- California Muni Bills Await Veto Threat While Gov. Awaits Budget. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32947, p7
The article reports on the municipal bond-related bills and budget in California. The state legislators have been working for the bills they approved in the fourth week of August 2008, despite budget negotiations are in a state of paralysis. Among the legislation that passed was a measure...
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Council OKs Four Bond Bills. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/11/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33112, p9
The article reports on the approval of four bond-related bills by the District of Columbia Council. On May 5, 2009, the council passed a temporary bill that allows the city to issue up to $200 million of grant anticipation revenue vehicles. It also authorized the district to issue up to $61...
- Bond Bills May Survive Congress. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p1
Reports on developments concerning proposed bond-related bills in the United States as of August 21, 2000. High- and lower-profile proposals that could become part of a possible tax package; Proposal by Representative Doug Bereuter.
- Municipal Bond And State And Local Finance Legislative Status Report. // Bond Buyer;07/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30684, p6
Presents a chart related to municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in the United States as of July 16, 1999. Includes bill to increase the limit on bank deductibility; Shop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act; Low Income Housing Tax Credit Volume Cap Increase.
- Municipal bond and state local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;08/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30709, p5
Presents a chart related to municipal bond and state and local financial legislation in the United States as of August 20, 1999. Includes Better America Bonds Act of 1999; Private-Activity Bond Volume Cap Increase.
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;06/30/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30924, p4
Presents a chart related to municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report in the United States as of June 30, 2000. Airport funding bill; Private-use bond restrictions on municipal electric utilities.