ALABAMA: Sales Tax Holiday Spreads
- A November to Remember. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32294, p29
The article reports that District of Columbia has posted remarkable tax collections in November 2005 largely due to strong property, income, and sales tax revenue. Total tax collections have gone up by 21.6 percent. Total tax collections in November 2005 were approximately $194.5 million...
- Tax Collections See 9% Rise. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/15/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33583, p9
The article reports on the increased net tax collections by 9.1 percent in Georgia.
- N.Y.'s tax-free week draws retail raves, some reservations. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/9/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 49, p1
Provides an overview on New York's sales tax abatement on a wide range of apparel, accessories and shoes priced up to $500 from January 18-24, 1997. Exempted items from the sales tax abatement; Complaints from shoppers and retailers; Comments of New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani on the...
- Rep. Joe Heflin reminds West Texans of annual sales tax holiday. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);8/16/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p3
The article reports that families in Texas were reminded by State Representative Joe Heflin of the duration of the annual back-to-school Sales Tax Holiday from August 17 to 19, 2007.
- Do Franchisees Have Sales Tax Compliance Challenges, Use Tax Compliance Challenges - or Both? RATIGAN, SHANE // Franchising World;Jan2016, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p40
The article offers the author's insights on sales tax compliance and the challenges associated with sales tax for businesses. Topics discussed include the collection and remittance of consumption tax during a retail sales transaction, a principle on a use tax by consumers and their obligations...
- April Revenue Surprise. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p33
Reports on the total tax collection incurred by the state of Tennessee as of April 2004.
- Lawmakers consider sales tax cut. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/16/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p18
The article reports on the proposal of the legislative finance committee to cut 5 percent of the sales tax in Connecticut. Accordingly, the proposal is under the consideration of the Finance, Revenue, and Bonding Committee of the Connecticut General Assembly. It notes that sales tax collection...
- Maryland May Face Spending Cuts This Year as $1B FY '10 Deficit Looms. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;9/3/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32953, p4
The article reports on the issue that Maryland could face spending cuts to address the $1 billion revenue shortfall that is expected in fiscal 2010. It shows that the state faced weaker tax collections and continually revised budgets in light of the nationwide economic downturn. It also...
- Chicago on Target. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p33
Reports on the success of the city of Chicago, Illinois in meeting its tax collections for the year 2005.