Rosemont, Ill., Sets $500M Plan to Boost TIF
- Virginia Beach to Back Deal With TIF Revenue, City Appropriations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31397, p3
Reports the marketing of municipal bond deal combining tax-increment financing backed with city-appropriated funds in Virginia. Value of public facility revenue bonds; Step toward diversifying the local economy; Public-private joint venture between the authority and Town Center Associates LLC.
- After hiatus, TIF bonds are making a comeback in Oregon. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p1
Focuses on Portland, Oregon's proposal to sell tax increment financing bonds. Plan to use the proceeds for a light rail spur into Portland International Airport; Passage of Measure 47 in 1996; Goal of restricting municipal taxes.
- TIF debt for heart of Indianapolis gets just a moral pledge. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;07/21/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30687, p28
Focuses on plans by the Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Bond Bank in Indianapolis, Indiana to issue tax increment financing bonds in July 1999. Moral obligation backing of the bonds; Projects that are poised to receive financing; Structure and speculated pricing of the bonds; Rating of...
- Indianapolis postpones TIF sale after office complex funding hits snag. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p4
Reports that the City of Indianapolis, Indiana has decided to postpone its planned $140 million tax-increment financing bond sale by at least a month. Reason for the postponement; Planned use of the bond; Issuance of the bond by the Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Bond Bank; Manager of...
- Minneapolis targets $54 million of GO-TIF debt for downtown project. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/21/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30544, p3
Reports on Minneapolis, Minnesota's preparation of a general obligation tax-increment financing (TIF) deal to cover the city's share of a development project that will bring a Target store downtown. City finance officer John Moir's preference to attach the city's triple-A general obligation...
- Irving, Tex., establishes TIF district to help DCURD pay its debt service. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/28/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30547, p3
Focuses on Irving, Texas' establishment of a tax-increment financing district to help the Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District pay debt service on outstanding bonds. District officials' efforts to restructure its debt; Threat of higher taxes.
- Southeast bond-watch. Whalen, Robert; McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;03/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30606, p27
Focuses on developments related to the bond market in the Southeastern States, current as of March 25, 1999. Includes Alabama-based Birmingham City Council's creation of a tax-increment finance district; General obligation refunding deals in Mississippi.
- Municipal Prices End Little Changed; $365 Million of S.F. Airport Bonds Sell. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p2
Reports the status of municipal bond prices in San Francisco Airport Commission revenue refunding bonds in California. Decrease of the gross domestic product; Improvement of the labor market; Trend of the interest costs.
- New York City Water Finance Agency Plans Refunding for Early October. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p7
Announces the marketing on the advance refunding bonds of the New York City Municipal Water Finance Authority. Information on the deal with the Environmental Facility Corp. (EFC); Percentage subsidy granted by the EFC for the city debt service payments on the bonds; Factors to the refinancing.