Fox clicks on Web site chief
- Ailes Re-ups at Fox. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/09/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p6
Reports that Roger Ailes has signed up for another stint as chairman and CEO of the United States-based Fox News, with a contract that extends through January 2004. Overseeing of Fox News Channel; Highlights of career.
- News Corp. reups Ailes. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;10/04/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 23, p3
Reports the retention of Roger Ailes as chairman and chief executive officer of Fox News in the United States.
- Ailes Cracks the Whip as Fox News slips. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the decision made by Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes to terminate employees and talents he deemed lacking. Performance of the primetime schedule of the cable news channel; Decline in total viewers of CNN; Evidence that employees are being complacent.
- With Allies at Helm, FNC Ascends. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p8
Presents an interview with Roger Ailes, chairman of Fox News Channel in the United States. Opinion on the performance of the network; Confidence of Ailes on the success of the company; Target market of Fox.
- Ailes pledges center course for Fox News. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;7/22/96, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p32
Reports that Fox News Channel will not play ideological favorites when it launches on October 7, 1996. Comment by Roger Ailes, Fox News chairman and chief executive officer; Ailes' plans on running an infomercial in the channel; Features of the scheduled launch.
- Roger Ailes is mad as hell. Brock, David // New York;11/17/97, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p30
Looks at Roger Ailes, the chairman of Fox News. Ailes' work as a political consultant for the Republican party; His work with Rupert Murdoch, owner of the Fox News conglomerate; Ailes' public hatred for journalists; What Ailes will need to do to revive Fox News.
- Murdoch reups Ailes at Fox News. Nix, Jennifer // Variety;11/17/97, Vol. 369 Issue 2, p28
Reports on the contract extension of Roger Ailes as chairman and chief executive officer of Fox News. History of Ailes with Fox News.
- `Fairness' will set Fox News apart: Ailes. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;9/09/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p3
Reports on Fox News business plans. Launch of news channel on October 7, 1996; Chairman Roger Ailes' chiding of CNN and MSNBC for running graphics during press briefings on investigation of the crash of TWA Flight 800; Features of Fox News Channel.
- Rupe's troops bag bigger loot. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;9/16/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 52, p1
Talks about executives in the television broadcasting sector in the U.S. Percentage of increase in the compensation of Rupert Murdoch; Amount of the compensation of Roger Ailes, an executive at Fox News Network LLC; Compensation received by Chase Carey of DirecTV Inc. for the fiscal year 2003.