IN THIS WEEK
- Oleochemicals startup leads wave of chemicals expansions by Salim. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;2/9/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p19
Reports on expansion moves by the Singaporean company Salim Group. Startup in January 1994 of an oleochemicals plant at Batam Island, Indonesia; Annual growth of chemical sales; Formation of a consortium in the Philippines to build a polypropylene plant based on imported propylene feedstock;...
- Indonesia's Salim continues buildup. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;2/15/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p44
Features the chemical industry investment projects by Salim Group in Jakarta, Indonesia. Growth in chemical sales for the company in 1994; Comment by Hartono Gunawan, president and chief executive officer of the company; Features of the investment projects by the company in Indonesia; Start of...
- Weak earnings batter majors despite efforts to cut costs. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/02/98, Vol. 254 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the financial performance of chemical companies for the third quarter of 1998. Decline in Union Carbide Corp.'s earnings; Lyondell Chemical Co.'s earnings before charges; Drop in earnings of Millennium Chemicals Inc.
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;10/19/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 14, p12
Presents news items concerning the chemical industry. Union Carbide's sale of its interest in its United Kingdom-based holding company, Union Carbide Metals Ltd.; Brazil's antitrust authorities' ruling on the planned joint venture between Rhodia and Celbras.
- Union Carbide expands MMP. // Chemical Week;2/25/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p7
Reports the plans of Union Carbide to expand its methylmercapto propionaldehyde (MMP) unit at Taft, Los Angeles in 1999. Other plans of the company for its plant at Seadrift, Texas; Advantage of the expansions to Novus International's; Percentage of the completed MMP expansion at Taft.
- Sumitomo to join Salim in VCM and PVC projects. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;4/26/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p21
Reports on Japanese trading house Sumitomo Corp.'s joint venture with Indonesia's Salim Group in projects to add vinyl chloride monometer (VCM) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) capacity at Merak, West Java. Companies' separate ventures to set up VCM and PVC plants; Growing VCM and PVC demand in...
- Services to the industry. // Chemical Week;3/11/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 9, p48
Presents news briefs pertaining to services in the chemical industry around the world. Outline plans of the Shell to develop a financial services business; Expansion on chemical terminal operations of Union Carbide in New Jersey; Selection by Condea Vista of Van Waters & Rogers (VW&R) as its...
- Carbide close to ICI EO/EG deal? // Chemical Week;2/16/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p6
Speculates on Union Carbide's deal to acquire ICI Corp.'s ethylene oxide/ethylene glycol operations at Wilton, Great Britain. Reports of final negotiations; Announcement of ICI officials to local unions; Return of Union Carbide to European petrochemical production.
- Carbide confirms ICI EO-EG purchase. // Chemical Week;12/21/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 24, p6
Reports that Union Carbide Corp. will acquire ICI's European-based ethylene oxide (EO)-ethylene glycol (EG) business and its ethanolamines, glycol ethers and brake fluids activities in Great Britain. Company operations; Feedback from company executives.