Rubbish divides Germany
- Recycling mandate. Truini, Joe // Waste News;04/30/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p5
Reports on the commercial recycling ordinance passed by Mecklenberg County requiring businesses to recycle in Charlotte, North Carolina. Adaptation of resolutions on county law jurisdiction; Exemption of businesses generating less than 16 cubic yards of solid waste; Penalty for businesses not...
- Recycling efforts continue to grow. // Resource Recycling;Feb2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p5
Provides information on local recycling programs in the U.S. as of February 2002. Information on the curbside recycling collection service provided to the residents of Weed, California; Reason for the postponement of the curbside recycling collection program in Ogden, Utah; Plan of several...
- Salem, MA Councilors Vote Unanimously to Revisit Mandatory Recycling. // Solid Waste Report;4/1/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the unanimous vote of councilors in Salem, Massachusetts for the approval a motion to revisit a proposed mandatory recycling ordinance in April 2013.
- Seattle, Washington CITY COUNCIL APPROVES ORDINANCE BANNING RECYCLABLES FROM GARBAGE. // BioCycle;Jan2004, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the approval of an ordinance by the Seattle City Council that bans the disposal of recyclable paper, cardboard and yard trimmings in garbage in Washington. Percentage decrease in commercial sector recycling; Details on the program of educational outreach conducted by the council for...
- Minneapolis Businesses Now Must Recycle. // MinnesotaBusiness;Nov2011, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on a city ordinance that took effect on September 1, 2001 which requires businesses in Minneapolis, Minnesota to recycle, along with residential properties.
- Programs In Action. // Resource Recycling;Jan2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p6
The article presents a summary of recent developments on municipal recycling programs of several North American communities including the public recycling bins in Olympia, the use of recycled plastic in new roads in Vancouver, and the curbside recycling collection in Jamestown.
- Closing the loop on polythene waste. // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Dec2011, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the recycling activities directed at old wheelie bins for polythene waste through Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council to produce bpi.recycled products' Green Sack.
- Additional recycling containers available for Graham residents. // Graham Leader;9/2/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p12A
The article reports that Graham, Texas is offering additional recycling bins at the Graham Water Department Service Yard.
- Seattle Mandates Recycling. Hall, Rebekah A. // Waste Age;Feb2004, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p14
Deals with the ordinance passed by the city council in Seattle, Washington in December 2003 that requires residents and commercial businesses to recycle paper, cardboard, glass, plastic bottles, aluminum and tin cans. Worth of fines facing businesses for each collection that contains...