- What can replace ammonium nitrate? Nichols, David // Australian Horticulture;Sep2004, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p19
Addresses a question about the replacement for ammonium nitrate fertilizers. Disadvantage of calcium ammonium nitrate fertilizers; Forms of ammonium and nitrate fertilizers; Effect of alkaline water on ammonium application.
- Fertiliser market report--April. Chesher, Roger; Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;4/2/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 14, p18
Presents a market report for fertilizers in Great Britain for April 2004. Short supply of domestic ammonium nitrate; Value of granular urea; Expected reduction in the price of grassland complex fertilizers.
- Synthesis of Ammonia Using CH4/N2 Plasmas Based on Micro-Gap Discharge under Environmentally Friendly Condition. Mindong Bai; Zhitao Zhang; Mindi Bai; Xiyao Bai; Honghui Gao // Plasma Chemistry & Plasma Processing;Aug2008, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p405
The synthesis of ammonia has been studied in methane-nitrogen plasmas using a micro-gap discharge under an environmentally friendly condition. The effects of some parameters such as the specific input energy, the discharge gap, the volume ratio of CH4/N2, the residence time, and the gas...
- Fertiliser security is paramount. // Farmers Weekly;2/23/2007, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p36
The article focuses on the use of fertilizers in terrorist bombs. The author claims that fertilizers, especially ammonium nitrate based, have been misused by terrorists to make improvised explosive devices. He remarks that simple measures like storing bags out of public view, locking gates and...
- Aerosol fluxes and particle growth above managed grassland. Nemitz, E.; Dorsey, J. R.; Flynn, M. J.; Gallagher, M. W.; Hensen, A.; Erisman, J.-W.; Owen, S. M.; Dämmgen, U.; Sutton, M. A. // Biogeosciences Discussions;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p341
Particle deposition velocities (11-3000nm diameter) measured above grassland by eddy covariance during the EU GRAMINAE experiment in June 2000 averaged 0.24 and 0.03mms-1 to long (0.75 m) and short (0.07 m) grass, respectively. After fertilisation with 108 kgNha-1 as calcium ammonium nitrate,...
- Texas explosion causing unfounded fears of fertilizer transportation, storage and use. Langcuster, Jim // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;4/26/2013, p1
The article reports that the fertilizer plant explosion that killed 14 people and injured some 200 others in West, Texas is expected to generate unjustified fears about fertilizer transportation, storage and use. The culprit to the incident is pointed to ammonium nitrate. Alabamians are advised...
- Fertiliser market report -- June. Chesher, Roger; Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;6/11/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 24, p18
Provides an update on the trends in the fertilizer market as of June 11, 2004. Performance of the fertilizer market in Great Britain; Possible price for ammonium nitrate in May 2005; Global price for ammonia.
- Fertiliser price hike lot more than expected. Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;8/15/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the decision of fertiliser makers in Great Britain to increase the price of ammonium nitrate. Consequence of the decision to farmers; Factors that lead to the increase in price; Actions that should be taken by farmers so they will not be affected by succeeding price increases.
- Untitled. // Farmers Weekly;10/4/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 39, p65
The article reports that Lincolnshire police are requesting for any information concerning the theft of 62 1,000-kilogram bulk bags of ammonium nitrate fertiliser from a farm in Postland, England sometime between September 6 and 27, 2013.