Alchemists to the rescue
- Ozmotech touts process. // Plastics News;4/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p9
Reports the establishment of the first plant in Australia to convert waste plastic to diesel fuel by the Ozmotech Pty. Ltd.
- Can Biofuels Help Reduce Rising Mine Fleet Operating Costs? Carter, Russell A. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Mar2006, Vol. 207 Issue 2, p50
The article emphasizes the significance of biofuels on the mining operating costs. Biofuels was seen to be a resolution to the adverse effect of rising cost of parts and consumables such like the conventional fuel. Among the benefits offered by biofuel include safety, odor, compatible usage, and...
- Biomass conversion process means no end to oil. LeGault, Michael // Canadian Plastics;Jun2004, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p5
Presents an article about the relevance of the conversion of biomass into fuel. Concept of thermal depolymerization (TDP); Development of a chemical plant in Carthage, Missouri, by Changing World Technologies; Problem associated with the creation of an infrastructure that can cost-effectively...
- Waste has the power to keep the lights on. Gyekye, Liz // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Oct2014, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4
The author highlights the importance of energy from waste (EfW) with low electricity reserves in Great Britain this 2014 winter and cites reports on energy recovery including key drivers of the gasification market, Denmark's plan to build a ski slope atop an EfW plant, and recycling from an island.
- Viewpoint. Warburton, Nick // Local Authority Waste & Recycling;Apr2012, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p22
The author discusses the significance of energy recovery in waste solutions.
- Waste-to-Fuel Technology Creating NanoDiesel. White, Rob // Automotive Industries;Aug2006, Vol. 186 Issue 8, p5
This article explained that Green Power Inc., a Washington based company, thrilled spectators at their demonstration on July 26, 2006. The company demonstrated their new technology of turning everyday landfill waste into diesel fuel, in a process called Catalytic Depolymerization. The...
- Trash in the Tank. Ursery, Stephen // Waste Age;Jun2008, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p4
The author offers his views on various project in the U.S. that aim to turn garbage into ethanol. Among these projects is the proposal by Indiana Ethanol Power LLC of a facility that would use a process called weak-acid hydrolysis to convert trash into roughly 20 million gallons of ethanol a...
- More Trash, Please! Wade, Nicholas; Liptak, Adam; Tagliabue, John; Majerol, Veronica; Potenza, Alessandra // New York Times Upfront;9/2/2013, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that Oslo, Norway is running out of household trash and industrial waste to burn to generate heat and electricity for the city and most of its schools, with the country importing trash to meet the demand.
- Destroying sensitive, banned, rejected, and illegal tonnage. McLean, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);3/22/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 7, pB3
The article offers information on the Spokane Regional Solid Waste System's waste-to-energy plant in Washington. The plant system offers secured burn service by appointment for a premium fee of $165 per ton at the city-owned waste-to-energy plant. Users of the service include financial...